LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

Just now, TayanaLorna said:

Do they provide robes, spa slippers and towels?

They do not provide robes and slippers.  We were told on Viking this morning that towels were included.  When we got to the baths she said towels were not included, people told her Viking said they were.  Rather than argue, she said she would just bill Viking.  I got back to the ship, informed shore excersion, they said it was a misunderstanding, thanked me and said that they would clear it up for the next cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

It was Rainbow trout (OK) boiled potatoes and a fuit/Cabbage salad at a hotel. 

Do you know if there was another option to the rainbow trout ?(On this tour next week and allergic to fish).

• Like 1

We will be on ship July 24. I too was worried about not being able to get off ship unless on Viking tour.

1.Has anyone gone off on their own?

2.Has anyone driven to the volcano? We come in early and have rented a car. I’m hoping to go see the volcano.

I was disappointed that so many excursions are fully booked.

3.What options are you finding?

4.Do the port towns have coffee shops? Things to buy?

3 hours ago, bardstowntraveller said:

How do you pay for drinks at swim up bar?

super good question.  Answer:  before you get into the lagoon or pool, you are given a bracelet to wear with credit card info embedded.  They just scan it.  

On 6/28/2021 at 7:57 AM, FoggyEthan said:

So that if someone tests positive, they can quarantine anyone who was near that person.

Of course, only Viking knows, but I don't believe passengers are quarantined if the tracer indicates they have been close to a person who tests positive. Since passengers are tested daily, there is no reason to expect to be quarantined if you continue to test negative. Here are my thoughts about the tracer - it is possible that Viking is using this technology to gather data. If somebody tests positive during the cruise, the tracer will know who they have been near. If those people continue to test negative this is just more data to suggest that the strategies that Viking is using are effective. As the data comes in, hopefully it will show that vaccinated travelers are unlikely to transmit or get the virus from another vaccinated passenger. As time goes by, the data gathered will allow Viking to make adjustments with regards to capacity, testing frequency, etc. Just my thought. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tsakishuman said:

Of course, only Viking knows, but I don't believe passengers are quarantined if the tracer indicates they have been close to a person who tests positive. Since passengers are tested daily, there is no reason to expect to be quarantined if you continue to test negative. Here are my thoughts about the tracer - it is possible that Viking is using this technology to gather data. If somebody tests positive during the cruise, the tracer will know who they have been near. If those people continue to test negative this is just more data to suggest that the strategies that Viking is using are effective. As the data comes in, hopefully it will show that vaccinated travelers are unlikely to transmit or get the virus from another vaccinated passenger. As time goes by, the data gathered will allow Viking to make adjustments with regards to capacity, testing frequency, etc. Just my thought. 

According to their Privacy Policy they don't really look at the contact tracing data unless someone tests positive.  Then they determine the close contacts and act accordingly.  So you are probably right.

Just a little back in time for the current cruisers (we will be there in 2 weeks - so excited).  The Icelandic horses, did anyone report on that excursion?  Is the ride pretty gentle?  There is a delicate neck that is asking the question......

Peace!

4 hours ago, eqtravel said:

Do you know if there was another option to the rainbow trout ?(On this tour next week and allergic to fish).

As long as the ship is aware of your allergy,  you will be taken care of.  On day one, meet with whoever is collecting names and  allergies; Explorer's Desk will tell you where to go.  Give them your list of allergies. Also, in the names of belts and suspenders, let the shorex desk know what your allergies are.  Yes, I fill out the form on line but I still revisit it when I board. 

Once the chef has you on the allergies list, each night as you walk into the dining room you will be given a copy of the next night's menu to make your meal choices to turn in by the 10am next morning.  If you have questions about the menu, you can ask during dinner.  

I don't know if we'll be able to see the tender boats arriving at the pier that's shown in this webcam for Djupivogur, but I did find the webcam interesting: http://31.209.240.244/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=2483

As I post, it's the middle of the night, and Djupivogur appears very, very quiet!  But not dark!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BamaT said:

After you've eaten dinner and relaxed a little, I'm hoping someone can comment/review the Skalenes Nature & Heritage shorex....  Thanks to all for the amazing updates so far!  

We loved this trip. The vehicle wasn’t difficult to get into as some have asked about. You do Ford three rivers, which was fun. The center is beautiful. It has a beautifully built bird watching platform about a 1/4 mile walk out. We saw a puffin basking in the sun. Alaska Lupine everywhere. Just beautiful!

3FE7BCF7-A29D-498E-91CF-B38C0B60C9C4.thumb.jpeg.2eb0165f76392272345e84eeb80cc26d.jpeg4FBB4048-123B-4DE2-8285-ED06BED5407B.jpeg.e8c13eb83097272f1fb54ddf9a9b3a27.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, HalenK said:

For those that are on the boat, is the sea ruff? Kinda worried about sea sickness.

We comment every day on how calm and flat the sea is.  We have had no motion at all!  That isn’t to say that things can’t change, but no one on our cruise is seasick, I’m sure!!

6 hours ago, HalenK said:

For those that are on the boat, is the sea ruff? Kinda worried about sea sickness.

7 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Is Viking making change for larger denomination bills?

Are people tipping on the tours?

Thanks.  

Seas has been very calm. 

Not sure about larger denominations, sorry. 

Even though it's not customary to tip in Iceland, many people tip the guide and bus driver, not sure about restaurants in Port. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

We loved this trip. The vehicle wasn’t difficult to get into as some have asked about. You do Ford three rivers, which was fun. The center is beautiful. It has a beautifully built bird watching platform about a 1/4 mile walk out. We saw a puffin basking in the sun. Alaska Lupine everywhere. Just beautiful!

3FE7BCF7-A29D-498E-91CF-B38C0B60C9C4.thumb.jpeg.2eb0165f76392272345e84eeb80cc26d.jpeg4FBB4048-123B-4DE2-8285-ED06BED5407B.jpeg.e8c13eb83097272f1fb54ddf9a9b3a27.jpeg

Great shot

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I don't know if we'll be able to see the tender boats arriving at the pier that's shown in this webcam for Djupivogur, but I did find the webcam interesting: http://31.209.240.244/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=2483

As I post, it's the middle of the night, and Djupivogur appears very, very quiet!  But not dark!

We have tenders at the dock.

image.thumb.png.112293f47316f2c7867803744216f45a.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eqtravel said:

Talk to Shore Excursions when you board so they can make arrangements.

I was on the tour a few years ago.  After guide announced menu I asked for another option.  She told me (with a lot of snark!) that I should have made prior arrangements.   I asked the staff at the restaurant and they were able to give me some lasagna but it was delivered when most of the others were done.  

So I suggest you talk to the Shore Exc. Staff AND to the guide in advance so you can enjoy the lunch.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

We have had midges on The Golden Circle, a few on Vigor Island, some on National Treasures (but rest assured if it hadn't been windy, we would have been covered) and a few at Vok Baths (again had a breeze). 

I agree hate them also! 

We ordered these.  Two pack and not very expensive. https://amzn.to/2SH43Xw

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

We must have overwhelmed the webcam, I can’t get it to load 😢

8 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

At 8:30 am Eastern time I watched a tender approach the dock, then it panned to the left where I could see buses waiting, then to the right again zooming in and I saw the tender land, and further to the right I saw the ship at anchor and another tender arriving.  How cool is that!!!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

At 8:30 am Eastern time I watched a tender approach the dock, then it panned to the left where I could see buses waiting, then to the right again zooming in and I saw the tender land, and further to the right I saw the ship at anchor and another tender arriving.  How cool is that!!!

The tender is sailing away now!