Account Login Error - Help

surmy555

I live in the USA, I book my MSC cruises with a USA travel agent, but when I try to log in to my MSC account I get the following message,

You are not allowed to proceed on this site, please go to your country web site to proceed

I've gotten nowhere with MSC Support so I'm hoping someone here might have had this issue and could provide a solution or work around, Thanks

This maybe obvious but I need to ask: Did you go to www.msccruiseusa.com ?

Edit:  There's a drop box at bottom of MSC's home page that allows to change country/location/language.

Edited by Selion

1 hour ago, Selion said:

This maybe obvious but I need to ask: Did you go to www.msccruiseusa.com ?

Edit:  There's a drop box at bottom of MSC's home page that allows to change country/location/language.

Yes, that's the website I use. I had no problems accessing my account for my 2019 cruise. 

3 hours ago, surmy555 said:

I live in the USA, I book my MSC cruises with a USA travel agent, but when I try to log in to my MSC account I get the following message,

You are not allowed to proceed on this site, please go to your country web site to proceed

I've gotten nowhere with MSC Support so I'm hoping someone here might have had this issue and could provide a solution or work around, Thanks

You’re working with a travel agent.    You don’t get to curate your cruise activity on a website.   You made that choice when you decided to let someone else book it for you.   Now you will have to go to your agent for everything.

Let’s hope something doesn’t have a rub on your cruise on a Sunday and your agent just decides to take the day off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

You’re working with a travel agent.    You don’t get to curate your cruise activity on a website.   You made that choice when you decided to let someone else book it for you.   Now you will have to go to your agent for everything.

Let’s hope something doesn’t have a rub on your cruise on a Sunday and your agent just decides to take the day off.

Well, that certainly was helpful. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, surmy555 said:

Well, that certainly was helpful. Thanks

Haha, and incorrect, as it turns out. I am in the US and our bookings are done by a travel agent. I've never once seen that message. I can always view my bookings on the US site for MSC. I think the poster has had some kind of technical glitch. The only issue I've ever had is if I go to an MSC site outside the US and then enter my booking number, at which point it (logically) redirects me to the US one. Maybe the poster was viewing what he assumed was the US site but it wasn't. MSC has a global site in English but it's not the same as the American one.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 12:01 AM, surmy555 said:

Do this on your desktop or laptop--

Close your browser, whether it is Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or Internet explorer or...

In the search, type  %temp%  and Enter

This will open the temporary files. Delete all the temporary files.

Then open your browser in incognito or masking mode and then login to msccruisesusa.com.

I hope this helps.

Edited by drsel

• 2 months later...

I just registered on the msccruisesusa site and booked a cruise. However, now when I try to go back and login I get this same error. And before someone says I have a technical glitch, I get the same error on my iPhone as I do my Windows PC. I can login using my booking number but only to manage my booked cruise. I can’t login to the actual MSC website.  Was there any other information from this thread that wasn’t revealed?

I am also in US and use TA and I do not get any such error.  I suspect that somehow your address data has been corrupted in your account settings and it is not recognizing you as a "US" based address.  You will probably have to speak with someone at MSC Customer Svc and have them look at your account data / personal settings.

Edited by KeepSailing

On 6/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, MotownVoice said:

😂

I actually agree with this.  I see so many people swear by having a TA handle their booking but I like to be in control of my own booking.  I read too many horror stories about TAs forgetting final payment, not getting to a new highly desirable cabin quick enough and more.

🎵Anything they can do, I can do better.🎵

(And no, free OBC to go through an agent isn’t motivating me to change my mind).

Edited by Lisichka

5 hours ago, WEGL81 said:

I just registered on the msccruisesusa site and booked a cruise. However, now when I try to go back and login I get this same error. And before someone says I have a technical glitch, I get the same error on my iPhone as I do my Windows PC. I can login using my booking number but only to manage my booked cruise. I can’t login to the actual MSC website.  Was there any other information from this thread that wasn’t revealed?

As others have, correctly, said, this has *zero* to do with using a TA. I, like many others, use one for all of my cruises and I've never had this problem.

Furthermore, there are things you *have* to do online, like web checkin. So you not being able to login has nothing to do with a TA.

Can you try accessing it incognito? Or whatever the iPhone equivalent is. It's possible there is a cookie or something that's bad that is preventing you from getting in.

If not, you'll have to call them to get it fixed 😞

Apparently I wasn’t clear that I registered on the website and booked my own cruise. On my pc I cleared all cache and cookies but still have the issue. Plus the problem happened the first time I logged into the site on my phone. I am able to manage my cruise via logging in with the booking number, so I guess that will have to do. Not impressed with MSC website. Signing in incognito does not fix the issue.  

22 minutes ago, WEGL81 said:

Apparently I wasn’t clear that I registered on the website and booked my own cruise. On my pc I cleared all cache and cookies but still have the issue. Plus the problem happened the first time I logged into the site on my phone. I am able to manage my cruise via logging in with the booking number, so I guess that will have to do. Not impressed with MSC website. Signing in incognito does not fix the issue.  

Yeah, at this point you have to call them to help.

And get in line for not being impressed with the website. If it's any consolation it will do more in the future to piss you off even further.

But...once you're onboard you'll love it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEGL81 said:

This happened to me about a month ago. I also tried everything. It was over a weekend and I didn’t feel like devoting the time just sitting on hold with MSC, so I decided to deal with it in a few days. 24 hours later it was back to normal with no action on my part.

• Like 1

If you turn off wifi and use mobile data on your phone, does that help? MSC may be determining location based on GeoIP and because IP addresses can sometimes be passed around from one location to another this can be an inaccurate measure of one's actual location. Your mobile data should give you a different IP than your home wifi. If that works, the IP address is likely to blame. I don't recall how to get a new one off the top of my head, but it's doable and Google should be able to tell you now.

• Like 1

Problem has been resolved and I am writing this down for anyone else that might have the issue.  It is working fine today.  Racephoto above hinted at the solution.  The problem is I was trying to log into the website on the same day I registered.  I needed to wait one day and all is well.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hate starting new threads even if this an old one. We have some sort of corrupted website account with MSC from cruises we did before the pandemic.  Like others here, I usually have been able to book ok and use the booking ID to checkin etc.  But there's other things to look into, like loyalty status.   We find no way to EDIT our website account [just says I have a file error when we try and there's an error in my voyager club account number [but it is the number I was given]].  

So, does anyone know how to just DELETE one's account info and start over?  We tried correcting this with MSC back in 2020 and they were no help at all.  We'd like to cruise again on MSC, but until this account corruption is somehow fixed, we feel sort of locked out [out of paranoia].  Can't even edit my phone number [won't save it]. MSC, you need to do better on your website.  

• 8 months later...