Westerdam or Zuiderdam..help?

cruisejunkie

On ship alone, I would go for the Westerdam, simply because it is newer, has a more appealing color scheme, and gets better reviews overall. That said, the Z is certainly not a bad ship, and I will be on her in 3 weeks! First and foremost, I would choose based on itinerary and price because the ships are sisters and are more or less the same. Have fun!

in December 2005, in fact, but I agree with Jimbug, I would choose the Westerdam. We had a fabulous time on the Zuiderdam, near perfect cruise, but the Westerdam is getting fantastic reviews lately. Rocks did a b2b, 1st week Zuiderdam, 2nd week Westerdam, so perhaps she'll see your post and give her feedback. My vote is for the Westerdam :).

Marie

Okay, so you are more or less choosing St. Thomas or St. Maarten, as far as itinerary goes. Not having been to either, I can't really help you there...but I do know that they both offer a ton of family-friendly activities. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I can't say anything about the Zuiderdam as far as cruising on her, but I did do a ship inspection last Sept. and the decor was a bit much for me. Having just gotten off of the Westerdam on Jan 29th, I can say that I think she's a great ship as did all 5 of the others in our group. Our expectations were exceeded in every way possible, and we have booked another cruise on her for next Jan. Good luck with your choice.

Susan

Archived