Baltimore

Edhoff

Carnival doesn't sail out of New Jersey. Carnival's New York sailings are always seasonal, so those won't happen until 2022 at the earliest.

Baltimore could happen as soon as September 12, but based on financial disclosures Carnival made, only half the Carnival Corporation fleet is expected to be operational by November 30. There is also a scheduled swap between the Legend and Pride happening in November between Baltimore and Tampa, so service may not resume until after then.

Until Carnival announces a firm restart date for Baltimore, no one really knows.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Edhoff said:

Anyone hear when Port of Baltimore will open up for cruising?? And how about New Jersey?

The Baltimore cruise port is open. The question should be when will Carnival (and RCL) restart cruises from there. I Have not heard anything.

Edited by Charles4515

30 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

RCL has published around 9/24 for Baltimore. Also of note, my 9/26 pride sailing has not had the 6/28 payment date extended 

My 9/19 Pride final payment was due Monday, it wasn't extended either. Crossing fingers.

Governor Hogan order the Port of Baltimore reopened on May 15, 2021. The Governor indicated he wants to bring his state back to normal, not the new normal.  Now we have to see how CCL and RCCL work the reopening.

19 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

RCL has published around 9/24 for Baltimore. Also of note, my 9/26 pride sailing has not had the 6/28 payment date extended 

18 hours ago, sammee said:

My 9/19 Pride final payment was due Monday, it wasn't extended either. Crossing fingers.

Our 9/12 Pride final payment did not get an extension either.  I think Carnival will restart out of Baltimore either 9/5 or 9/12 based on everything I've read, but 9/5 is the earliest POSSIBLE date based on the August Baltimore sailings indicating "canceled" on carnival.com.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

We're booked on the Legend out of Baltimore for Thanksgiving, but I'm giving it a less than 50% chance,

I think you might have a better chance than that.  Assuming these summer 2021cruises go well, they will do all they possibly can to have everything running for the Thanksgiving and Christmas schedules - and I mean everything, out of all ports they serve. I can think of numerous financial benefits to them doing so, meeting the high season demand, then working out kinks during the Jan-Feb timeframe and being in good shape for spring and summer 2022.

• Like 1

I called Carnival yesterday, and the person that I talked to sounded quite sure that they would be sailing by our 9/26 sailing.  We got a great deal on the aft wrap suite, and the joining balcony for the kids.  Bucket list room, for a price that will never happen again, so I hope the pride is fired up.

Edited by Jgatts0212
typo

47 minutes ago, Jgatts0212 said:

I called Carnival yesterday, and the person that I talked to sounded quite sure that they would be sailing by our 9/26 sailing.  We got a great deal on the aft wrap suite, and the joining balcony for the kids.  Bucket list room, for a price that will never happen again, so I hope the pride is fired up.

Sounds like you booked the remaining Vista suite on deck 5 😛  I have the same one you have up on deck 8 for the 9/26 sailing

53 minutes ago, Jgatts0212 said:

Will you share that "never happen again" price so we can all salivate with envy even more?

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Will you share that "never happen again" price so we can all salivate with envy even more?

I can tell you when we booked last year after our Sept sailing was cancelled, we paid about 3300 for 3 people on deck 8

Probably could have gotten it cheaper, but those rooms ALWAYS book fast and theres only like 8 of them so I jumped on it when I saw it available

Edited by pogoism9

Just now, Jgatts0212 said:

We got them on deck 4, booked in peak Rona, $5K for 5 of us with a bunch of OBC.

If that includes the adjoining room, you aren't too much cheaper than I was. We only had the $600 OBC from the prior cancellation though

5 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

I can tell you when we booked last year after our Sept sailing was cancelled, we paid about 3300 for 3 people on deck 8

Probably could have gotten it cheaper, but those rooms ALWAYS book fast and theres only like 8 of them so I jumped on it when I saw it available

4 minutes ago, Jgatts0212 said:

We got them on deck 4, booked in peak Rona, $5K for 5 of us with a bunch of OBC.

🤪

3 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

We're looking at the wrap around for next summer, mainly because we'll take our teen age granddaughter and want to give her a separate room area----$4,500 for the 3 of us. Meanwhile, we're hoping for the 14 day repositioning cruise on Oct. 31 to take place.

Gonna be hard for me to go back to an interior on the Prides' TA next October 🤣