Half Moon Cay not included with Cheers Package?!

Let's be honest, cruise lines that include this definitely charge extra. RCL for example, always has a higher cost with their private islands on the itinerary. I think someone did a comparison to say it was usually about 10% more. That 10% is going to cover mostly everyone's out of pocket drink costs on a private island.

With that said, Carnival is missing the mark on this one. They could easily charge more for HMC cheers trips and people would buy it because FREE FREE FREE, right?

The one time I had Cheers on Princess Cay, I made a pit stop to fill my tumbler with bourbon on the ship. I was content. 

On 6/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Hello,

I was reading an article that said even if you have the drink package with your cruise, you can not use it on Half Moon Cay. Is this true? 

Thanks in advance for any insight! 

HMC has never been included in the drink package deal.

12 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The only place that takes cash are the vendor stalls near the entrance. Your Sail & Sign card is used for anything else. 😎

Your sail and sign card is good enough to pay for a drink, but not good enough to have a Cheers drink marked towards your 15.  Of course their excuse is that the tallies are not done until the ship leaves and someone could drink 16 at HMC.

13 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

It may be a technicality but neither island is owned by Carnival.  Princess Cay is owned by Princesses and their drink package covers drinks on the island.  

It's owned by Carnival Corporation. which owns Carnival, Princess,, and Holland America, etc.

The confusion comes from the fact that each of their cruise lines does something a bit different.