Encore Specialty Restaurants for free at sea dinning promo

4cats1house

4 hours ago, 4cats1house said:

It sounds like there are more choices then the latitudes dining perks I will also receive.

Yes, with the Latitudes certificates you get 2 dinners for 2 with a choice of either Cagney's or Le Bistro with one and a choice of either Onda or Los Lobos (I think?) for the 2nd one.  Then on a 7 day with the dining perk, you can chose from the full array of specialty restaurants. Remember, with the Latitudes certificates you are limited to 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert (though I have ordered 2 apps and never been charged) while with the perk you can have as many apps and desserts as you want with 1 entree.

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

These are all the options on Encore, with sample menus for each. If you dig through these boards you can find actual photos of previous travelers of most (if not all) meals to help you decide which makes you hungriest.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

That's a very good link! Not to be getting off topic, but the side dishes in Ocean Blue look wonderful. Since it's all ala carte, it should be okay to choose four or five of those as one's meal. Anybody know about that?

3 hours ago, james_9168 said:

I would recommend Onda and Los Lobos for your 2 Free At Sea meals...

I enjoyed Los Lobos on the Bliss but found it to be lacking on the Encore. Not enough that I won't give it another try but think I may go a la carte this time.

14 hours ago, 4cats1house said:

Does anybody know which specialty restaurants are included in the free at sea dinning promo on the Encore?

Plenty of choices to choose from. Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, Cagney's are our favorites. We have Los Lobos booked, tableside Guacamole!!! Any of them would be great!

7 hours ago, Island Beachdog said:

Are any of the specialty restaurants ever open for lunch?  Seems like that would be a good idea on a sea day.

Food Republic (only open for 90 minutes - pretty much one seating) and American Diner (open for lunch every day). 

Encore Sea Day

3C8D0186-4F64-4950-B448-F0717049E268.thumb.jpeg.436203c9fcff45eb67b8ac82815ec6ac.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

14 hours ago, 4cats1house said:

It sounds like there are more choices then the latitudes dining perks I will also receive.

9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Yes, with the Latitudes certificates you get 2 dinners for 2 with a choice of either Cagney's or Le Bistro with one and a choice of either Onda or Los Lobos (I think?) for the 2nd one.  Then on a 7 day with the dining perk, you can chose from the full array of specialty restaurants. Remember, with the Latitudes certificates you are limited to 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert (though I have ordered 2 apps and never been charged) while with the perk you can have as many apps and desserts as you want with 1 entree.

See the latitudes certificates from the Encore. According to the cert, the second dinner is at Los Lobos or Q. 

D58D5D7B-D2E6-404F-A5F1-B147022BF813.jpeg.56601bbeebca332a1da9f47be108e0d2.jpeg

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

See the latitudes certificates from the Encore. According to the cert, the second dinner is at Los Lobos or Q. 

D58D5D7B-D2E6-404F-A5F1-B147022BF813.jpeg.56601bbeebca332a1da9f47be108e0d2.jpeg

Thanks for this, Bird. I must have gotten lucky last time.  I only had apps and a cocktail in both Q and Los Lobos on the Encore so I am certain I didn't use my Platinum cert for that.  Now off to revise my reservations for September.

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Thanks for this, Bird. I must have gotten lucky last time.  I only had apps and a cocktail in both Q and Los Lobos on the Encore so I am certain I didn't use my Platinum cert for that.  Now off to revise my reservations for September.

(To be perfectly honest, we used ours at Onda on the inaugural voyage from Miami because we didn’t read the cert. It was the first full cruise)

I have seen Teppanyaki open at lunch occasionally, but that is probably just on some ships.

For example, it often used to open at lunch on the Spirit, where there was just one table so reservations were very hard to get.

That may be why some people are talking about Teppanyaki being open for lunch, whilst others say it isn’t.

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I have seen Teppanyaki open at lunch occasionally, but that is probably just on some ships.

For example, it often used to open at lunch on the Spirit, where there was just one table so reservations were very hard to get.

That may be why some people are talking about Teppanyaki being open for lunch, whilst others say it isn’t.

I'm pretty sure it was on the Sun when we did teppanyaki for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing that we will get the Latitudes Specialty Dining Certificates (which are specific for certain restaurants), does any one know if you can make reservations before the cruise departs? Maybe they charge you, but then take off the cost when you present the certificate? Any one know?