DCL Delays Dream Test Cruise

jrapps

Seems there was an "inconsistent" covid test among crew, tomorrow's test cruise has been postponed/cancelled. No official word from DCL yet but it's all over social media.

My  guess is this delays their resumption by a minimum of 2 weeks, but knowing Disney it could be a lot longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kstetser said:

So disgusted by their lack of communication.   I have a ridiculous amount of money tied up with them (4 cruises booked with the first in September).  

We sorta discussed this in another thread: DCL is infamously secretive about everything -- and unnecessarily so. In an age when cruise lines are becoming very transparent with its investors and passengers, DCL is still on its old guard "need-to-know basis" communications style and quite frankly it's one of the few things that really irk me about them.

Edited by coldflame
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jrapps said:

My  guess is this delays their resumption by a minimum of 2 weeks, but knowing Disney it could be a lot longer.

But the trip was postponed until next month, pending approvals, because a small number of employees had inconsistent results for COVID-19, “which is considered positive by the CDC,"

Technically, it could be next week 🙂 But yeah, probably 2-3 weeks until next try.

2 hours ago, coldflame said:

But the trip was postponed until next month, pending approvals, because a small number of employees had inconsistent results for COVID-19, “which is considered positive by the CDC,"

Technically, it could be next week 🙂 But yeah, probably 2-3 weeks until next try.

I saw that, I wonder if they will just try again in a a week?   I wish they would just sail with 95% vaccinated and get things moving again.  They would not have trouble selling those cruises.   I've been getting piled on for criticizing DCL on another message board.  I should have known better.    I love DCL, have taken 20 cruises with them and have 4 more booked, but I agree with you coldflame, their lack of transparency shows they do not even care to manage expectations.  I have 4 cruises booked with them between now and next June and I'm really starting to question those plans, which makes me sad - but we have our first Celebrity cruise booked next summer.  Maybe we try them sooner?

Edited by kstetser
  • Like 2

I have a deposit on Magic for Thanksgiving cruise and me thinks it has 50% chance of going.

Darn since the Fantasy was the last ship I did before Pandemic.  

I guess Disney has more issues since they carry more kids.

I am amazed at Disney as a whole with their prices and their communications or sometimes lack of.

Oh well at least I have my NCL cruise in Alaska end of August.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kstetser said:

So disgusted by their lack of communication.   I have a ridiculous amount of money tied up with them (4 cruises booked with the first in September).  

My money has been tied to three cabins since 2019 now.   I moved my August cruise on the dream to 2022

• Like 1