Inside Cabin, Beds Together or Apart?

Becca11

Hello!

We've cruised 3 times, 2 NCL cruises and 1 Princess cruise, all balcony staterooms.

We have a fourth cruise booked in September,  another NCL balcony stateroom. 

We just booked another cruise for February 2022, NCL Jewel, and this time I  got brave and booked an inside stateroom. I say "I got brave" because I am a wee bit claustrophobic. 

It finally occurred to me that I do not have problems in elevators, and I worked in windowless rooms for years. I'm unlikely to have a real problem in an inside stateroom. 

We are both retired now, unlike when we've previously cruised. We are on an adequate but fixed income.  What we do have is time.  I'm giving the inside cabins a go because the cost savings are significant and that means more cruises for us!

So I'm studying the inside staterooms seriously for the first time, and I am absolutely stumped about our likely preferences for the bed configuration. 

We sleep together in a king sized bed at home, so it was a no brainer in balcony cabins, we just went with the beds together. 

I know that mathematically, beds together vs. beds apart are exactly the same; the cabins have the same square footage and the beds have the same volume displacement regardless of their configuration. 

When I look at the pictures of inside cabins, however,  the beds apart configuration looks like the room would feel and 'live' larger and more functionally. 

It would be much easier to get dressed while standing in between two single beds, for instance,  than standing on one side of the single bed, particularly if there are wall mounted Pullman beds in the cabin.

Also, the twin beds could act as sofas or divans when made up. I have grown to really appreciate a sofa in any accommodation.  I really missed having a sofa in our Princess stateroom. 

Is there a preferred bed configuration in inside cabins? If so, to what advantages?

Any other tips you can give re: quality of experience in inside staterooms are much appreciated as well. 

Thank you!

I think you made your decision and your reasons are very logical.  Also, when you get in and out of that Queen bed, you can disturb your cruise mate.  So, I would go with the beds apart. 

• 2 weeks later...