Moved from Cove to deck 10, have a few questions.............

klfhngr

23 hours ago, NightOne said:

BAD BAD Decision

Get that Cove Balcony back and tell your wife you are "the boss" LOLOLOLOL

She knows I'm the boss, lol!  I'm trying to be nice 🙂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

Had Lido and Cove and prefer Cove.  The balconies are a bit bigger and more leg room.  Love having that extra space to put your drinks as well.  I never felt "enclosed" too much.  We prefer Cove.  We love being down near the water - we never had a wet balcony yet but we are usually mid ship.  We did have aft section cove before as well.  We love the privacy, the shade, and the convenience of being near the MDR and main deck.  We also like being close to the gangway for embarking and disembarking.  Deck 10 is awesome too but just giving you MY preference and reasoning.

Great info., this is what I'm looking for, someone that has done both. Thanks!! Still not sure what to get, lol!

Sheesh, to many things to consider, but this might help: Currently, there are 2 cabins in Cove under the galley, the other two look like they're a little more forward than the gallery, but barely. So you who suggested the Coves, would you take any of these available cabins?

We chose Lido balcony on the Magic having never cruised before and several celebrations. We figured with 3 sea days not counting Embarkation, being next to everything on the Lido deck is a bonus. Plus we have passes for the entire cruise to the Thermal Spa. I'm only guessing, but 75% of our time will probably be on the Lido deck. Might as well make it close. Plus being about 50 steps to the Red Frog Rum bar is a major bonus.

2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Sheesh, to many things to consider, but this might help: Currently, there are 2 cabins in Cove under the galley, the other two look like they're a little more forward than the gallery, but barely. So you who suggested the Coves, would you take any of these available cabins?

Starboard: anything 2365 and forward should be good

Port: anything 2356 and forward should be good

All that stuff is under dining room, guest services, shore excursion desk, etc. and those don't really generate noise.

• Like 1

As the above posts prove, a lot of cabin choice is based on your personal preference of what you want your cruise experience to be. We've done both cove and a variety of balcony configurations on various ships. We like the coves but you need to be aware that although there is more privacy your visibility of the passing "scenery" is limited if you are seated. I agree that there is very little chance of a cove balcony being swamped but you will get more sea spray. In choosing the location of any cabin keep in mind how much noise you can tolerate. Personally, I would avoid being under the galley or any other area where carts or chairs are being moved around all hours. We like being close to the elevators giving easy access to all decks of the ship, but sometimes rowdy passengers can get noisy in these areas. If motion sickness is an issue choose a cabin on a low deck in the middle of the ship. So many choices! Hope you are happy with the choice you make. If not, you'll know better next time ☺️.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Based on that other thread, choosing Lido will make it easier to refill your drinks from your rum runners, wine bottles and growlers as well. What a hassle it would be to have to go up and down to quench your thirst. 😉 😁

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, klfhngr said:

I really wanted to try a Cove balcony, we had one reserved, however my wife was hesitant based on how low it was and being sorta enclosed in the balcony, maybe getting wet, etc.. So I went to the other extreme, I booked on deck 10!

So, how is deck 10 forward? To high? Ok? If you've stayed on both Cove and deck 10, which would you recommend? I'm just trying to determine if we made the right choice. We can still change though.

Oh, on Panorama. MR cruise (which we've done many, many times)!

Please help! And thanks in advance!

Deck 10 balcony is going to be awesome but you really should give the cove balcony a short hey are awesome. in some situations you might get a little mist on your balcony but this is an experience like none other I have had cruising. The sound of the water on that low deck is amazing. Next time give it a go.

• Like 1