anyone currently on or back from SeaDream? would love to hear about your experience

Rowaytongirl

Hello - Are we crazy to be considering an August Rome - Dubrovnik SeaDream cruise?  I’d love to hear from anyone who has been on since SD resumed sailing about your experience.  Is the boat full?  Are masks required despite the vaccination requirement?  Are you able to independently go ashore (the website has some disclaimers about potential required “bubble” tours).  Any intel would be appreciated!  Anne

As you may know, the first SD sailing this year just concluded today round trip Athens, so perhaps you will hear from some of them later this week.  All I heard was the ship was about half full, plus or minus 50 guests, and the newly renovated SD2 rooms (not yet done on SD1) look very nice, along with other new furniture etc. on outside decks.

Welcome hearing from others!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, YachtCruiser said:

Hi ! 

currently on Seadream 1 and its beyond perfect ! 
Really business as usual, and the food is probably even better than ever 🙂 

So happy! 

How many passengers?  Any special COVID requirements? 

4 hours ago, Rowaytongirl said:

Can’t wait!   We are on the Rome to Dubrovnik August 7.  We are curious how many people will bite the bullet and actually go.  SD says it is 70% sold.  Hope you had a great time!  Anne

Just a thought for context … you can’t really compare the Norwegian and Med voyages for largely obvious reasons.  The Norwegian voyages rightfully cater and appeal to Norwegians given travel rules and have been running 90-100 passengers lately, so almost full, which is good of course.  The Med voyages involving multiple countries and passengers traveling across borders have ended up about half full or less at sailing time.  Many of us have had to cancel at the last minute for various reasons due to all the uncertainty, including changing rules and earlier SD policies.  Hope it all works for you.  We would all benefit from your first hand Med experience.

Added Magic Fingers to the Bali Beds?  Replaced the TOY Bar with a self-service minibar?  Put real crows in the Crow's Nest?  Replaced the floor in the golf simulator with a sandbox to make it feel more familiar?  Turned the stack into a climbing wall?  Can't think of what else they might have done.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

new Deck 6?  What did I miss?

Several nice improvements this season, both hardware and software 😉 

and finally some new toiletries ! 

a new norwegian brand Elm, wich is vegan.

The Bvlgari-thing was quite dated now 😉 

04630F32-D7A1-4B35-88F5-127A5E8A613C.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Those don't look like take-home bottles, which means you can't enjoy the aroma of SeaDream in your own shower. 

yes you can ! 

They are availiable in the lobby -shop, off course 😉 

i think its a nice improvement, and vegan is absolutely right in 2021 😉 

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

So what are the improvements besides new toiletries?

New outside floors/decks, outside furniture, refreshed cabins, and a Beach-Club-style deck 6 with a new jaquzzi 😉

New toiletries, new food offerings outside, and better service and crew than ever ! 
im so impressed 😉 

Seadream 2 drydock was impressive! 

wow i say ! 

😉

Edited by YachtCruiser
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:33 PM, YachtCruiser said:

outside furniture, refreshed cabins, and a Beach-Club-style deck 6 with a new jaquzzi 😉

😉

Tell us more.  The website doesn't show anything new.  Do you have pictures?  Is this all where the crow's nest is?  Is the jaquzzi on 6 or is there a new one by the pool?  So curious.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 6:38 AM, YachtCruiser said:

Several nice improvements this season, both hardware and software 😉 

and finally some new toiletries ! 

a new norwegian brand Elm, wich is vegan.

The Bvlgari-thing was quite dated now 😉 

04630F32-D7A1-4B35-88F5-127A5E8A613C.png

Any website where I can find the contents of this brand? Some plants give me hives, and I will need to bring my own toiletries if I can't rule them out. I've never had a problem with Bvlgari. I've also distrusted the large size of toiletries on cruise lines since it makes me wonder if they refill them from an even larger larger container.