North to Alaska Princess Press Release- sanctuary on Majestic?

CynCyn

I read this release this morning.  Interesting that it mentions a Sanctuary on the Majestic……. Does anyone have any inside info? 

Getting excited!  Specialty Alaskan offerings in Specialty Restaurants were one thing that caught my eye.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/award-winning-north-to-alaska-program-offers-princess-guests-authentic-local-experiences--fresh-alaska-seafood-for-2021-summer-season-301323973.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Most likely the Conservatory (as it's known on the deck plan). It's not a place where the roof or windows can be opened (like a traditional Sanctuary), but it has room for a stage and surround sound is built in.

I’d love it if we could reserve the space for Glacier Bay! It would be nice to have the roof and windows there…..brr!

3 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

I’d love it if we could reserve the space for Glacier Bay! It would be nice to have the roof and windows there…..brr!

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what will be provided/allowed for reservations (unless there will be none) so please do report back when you find out! Windows are there, so don't worry about those, but they have a pretty dark tint (if I remember) on them, especially the front windows, to prevent you from getting blinded by the sun. Converting the Conservatory to the Sanctuary is something I don't know much about, so it would be interesting to see how the job is done. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what will be provided/allowed for reservations (unless there will be none) so please do report back when you find out! Windows are there, so don't worry about those, but they have a pretty dark tint (if I remember) on them, especially the front windows, to prevent you from getting blinded by the sun. Converting the Conservatory to the Sanctuary is something I don't know much about, so it would be interesting to see how the job is done. 

Glad I’m not going first! Maybe we will know more soon!

We've to Glacier Bay many times and to get the true effect of being at Glacier Bay you should be up on the top deck. The North to Alaska program Princess puts on is top notch, at we've always enjoyed it.

I've always enjoyed the special Alaska seafood on Princess cruises so I'm glad that they are continuing that.  It wasn't mentioned but I sure hope that they have Tracy's crabcakes up on Lido deck too.  As for the Sanctuary, we will find out soon enough about that.  If there's a way to make $$ on the Conservatory space, I have no doubt that Princess will figure out how to do it.

• Like 2

I'm getting old, all the sudden I have intrest in the lectures I would like to see the chick that kayaked the rout we are taking, the natives, and the parks people.  The food should be great too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I've always enjoyed the special Alaska seafood on Princess cruises so I'm glad that they are continuing that.  It wasn't mentioned but I sure hope that they have Tracy's crabcakes up on Lido deck too.  As for the Sanctuary, we will find out soon enough about that.  If there's a way to make $$ on the Conservatory space, I have no doubt that Princess will figure out how to do it.

They had those crab cakes on a coastal cruise (right after Alaskan season)…..they were so good!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jpasqu1 said:

Does the food up on the lido deck cost extra?

It never has in the past.  The crabcakes have usually been at the grill that has hamburgers etc. and it may only show up for one day.  However on the Majestic, where the grill usually is there's a place that has lobster for a charge.  Don't know if that will still be the case in Alaska but when I was on the Majestic out of Australia the lobster grill had the usual free burgers, hot dogs, etc.  too.

Edited by azbirdmom

32 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It never has in the past.  The crabcakes have usually been at the grill that has hamburgers etc. and it may only show up for one day.  However on the Majestic, where the grill usually is there's a place that has lobster for a charge.  Don't know if that will still be the case in Alaska but when I was on the Majestic out of Australia the lobster grill had the usual free burgers, hot dogs, etc.  too.

Alright. I was just curious. Thanks

• Like 1

Wow!   Great sounding news release, PR!!!

I do wish we knew for sure whether that would become a Sanctuary or not.

We did have Nick Jans,  "A wolf called Romeo" onboard our one Alaskan cruise, and I loved it!

So many other great possible guests and activities.

Michael Mod...  it would be great to have him onboard.

Makes me want to cruise Alaska again on Majestic, maybe with others who have not experienced Alaska or Princess!

• Like 1