POA port in Maui and where is closest rental car

Gracelyn

2 hours ago, rg123 said:

We rented a car in Maui from Hertz at the Hyatt Regency on Nohea Kai Drive. Hoping to catch an Uber there from the port

Usually pretty easy from any part of Kaanapali Beach to get an Uber. Start checking the app 10-15 minutes before you want to depart just in case. Once you drop the car off its one of Maui's great stretch of beach to walk up right there from the Hyatt up to Whalers Village. Easy to get an Uber from there as well if you want to spend more time before headed back to the ship. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, Gracelyn said:

Sorry, we were cancelled. Rebooked for this November and we booked Alamo from the airport. So we will have to taxi to it. We would have booked from the enterprise close by but they weren’t available for the Sunday. Good luck 

10 hours ago, rg123 said:

We rented a car in Maui from Hertz at the Hyatt Regency on Nohea Kai Drive. Hoping to catch an Uber there from the port

This thread is over a year old and seems to be very confused. The original question was about Pride of America, which docks in Kahului. If someone rented a car from the Hyatt Regency in Ka'anapali, I would assume they were on a ship that visited Lahaina,not Kahului.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

This thread is over a year old and seems to be very confused. The original question was about Pride of America, which docks in Kahului. If someone rented a car from the Hyatt Regency in Ka'anapali, I would assume they were on a ship that visited Lahaina,not Kahului.

You’re right! Never noticed that. The post has been resurrected twice since! And yes, we are docking in Lahaina so the Hyatt seemed like a good choice

12 hours ago, rg123 said:

And yes, we are docking in Lahaina so the Hyatt seemed like a good choice

You'll be tendering in Lahaina-- not docking. The other one to check is the Avis/Budget thats a little further up the road from the Hyatt Kaanapali. I've found their rates can be a bit better than renting at the hotel and pick up/drop off is easier since its a stand alone building. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, zelker said:

The closest car rental place to the pier is Enterprise, on the Hana Highway.  It's a 10 or so minute walk from the ship (a bit of a winding walk to get out of the actual pier area but then it's just across the street and about a block to the left).  Not sure if they offer pier pick-up/drop-off but we just walked both directions.  Car Rental Kahului Hana Hwy. | Enterprise Rent-A-Car

bummer. it is not open on Sundays. 

17 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Do try your source once again, as we show them open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.  Worth checking.

While you are at it, check out the short (about 2 minute) video entitled "Walking Back to Pride of America - Maui Port.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Do try your source once again, as we show them open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sundays.  Worth checking.

I stand corrected. Thx. It appears for some reason they are not open on any Sat (Sunday is OK). And, I don't arrive on a sat anyway, so not a problem for me this particular trip.

enterprise screen shot for Maui 2025.png