Chance of England changing requirements for US citizen,

TomBeckCruise

I booked a trip for Sept 3, 2021 spending a week in France, and then taking the train to London for a few days.  No problem for us going to France, but as I understand it both The US and France will need to be upgraded to Green for us to visit London without having to isolate/quarantine for several days. 

I believe Boris Johnson has said things will open up on July 19.  Do you expect that to happen?  Covid cases in England have been going almost straight up, but have actually fallen the past few days.

What do you think?  Any idea when the announcement will be made?

Thanks.

Boris Johnson spoke today but didn’t say much!

Apparently the Education Secretary will speak tomorrow and the transport minister before the end of the week.

Boris Johnson will speak again on Monday 12th to explain what can open up on 19th July.

Confusing I know. Sorry can’t be more helpful. Perhaps someone else found his speech easier to understand.

Good luck with your trip..not sure I would hold my breath just yet !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Boris Johnson spoke today but didn’t say much!

Apparently the Education Secretary will speak tomorrow and the transport minister before the end of the week.

Boris Johnson will speak again on Monday 12th to explain what can open up on 19th July.

Confusing I know. Sorry can’t be more helpful. Perhaps someone else found his speech easier to understand.

Good luck with your trip..not sure I would hold my breath just yet !

Yep, best laid plans. I booked Hamilton and Agatha Christy 's The Mouse Trap. I haven't looked to see if they will let us change dates. I have a flight booked with miles back to the US.  A big mess if things fall through.  Hopefully we will know more on the 12th.

At this point we'll just grin and bear it. Grateful to be alive and vaccinated. 

On 7/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, TomBeckCruise said:

I believe Boris Johnson has said things will open up on July 19.  Do you expect that to happen?

Yes, I believe that will happen. But he's talking about internal legal restrictions - such as social distancing and mask wearing. I think relaxation of restrictions for incoming tourists (or, indeed, British travellers leaving and returning to the country) is likely to be a goodly while longer.

Edited by Harters

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Today's the day!

BBC News

............. but still an issue with you travelling from France to England. Hopefully that might change by the date of your trip 🤞

Yep, good news. I've cancelled the London part of our trip.mostly because of flights cost. So it'll be just France this time. Hope to reschedule a longer stay in the UK for late November,  early December. 

We will be watching Covid in  US and UK.  Hopefully the theatres in London will be open then.

Edited by TomBeckCruise
Flights