Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral hotel

squick64

I'm in need of transportation from MCO to the Radisson Resort at the Port (I'm coming in the day before my cruise). I've looked at the shuttle options, and they all seem to stop running by 12:30 or 1:00. Alas, my flight's later than that.

What other options would be best for just one person? I don't want to rent a car because I wouldn't even drive it once I got to where I was going. I could do a private car service, I guess, although that's expensive.

Frankly, I'm also open to just changing my hotel to one that has MCO and cruise shuttle service (or similar)--I realize that by the time I get to RRATP, I wouldn't have much time to explore it, anyway.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Check Cruise Control...they run shuttles I believe longer hours. Otherwise opt to possibly stay at or near MCO the first night and shuttle next morning to Port Canaveral staying one night pre-cruise at the Radisson. Best of luck.

Corey at  Cruise Control Transportation has been nothing but great in our communication. We have not used him yet, but the reviews are great and he is extremely fast to respond to emails, chat, and calls. The only "bad" review was someone that was booked on a shuttle who expected the entire shuttle to wait 2 hours for their delayed flight. Unfortunately with shared shuttles, they have to leave at a set time. His private shuttle is not outrageous at about $80 one-way (for 3 people).

My feelings on where to stay are from past Disney trips. If landing late (say 8PM), stay near MCO for about $50 for the night. The money you save on the hotel alone in PC pays for the shuttle service. If arriving earlier and you want to be near the port, do that if landing by 8PM. After getting luggage and your ride, it will be about 9:30PM when you get there if you land at 8PM.

Have you checked estimates for either Uber or Lyft?  I would not dismiss a one one car rental, although current pricing and availability might make it the expensive option. pre-virus Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the most often suggested shared shuttle options - have you checked with them?

We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range) and then make our way to PC the morning of the cruise.  Your call. 😎

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Have you checked estimates for either Uber or Lyft?  I would not dismiss a one one car rental, although current pricing and availability might make it the expensive option. pre-virus Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the most often suggested shared shuttle options - have you checked with them?

We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range) and then make our way to PC the morning of the cruise.  Your call. 😎

I agree with John. There is so much more to do in Orlando. Getting from Orlando to the pier is 45 minutes (without traffic) You can use rideshare/taxi/bus from airport. Bus is the most hassle though because you have to wait until it fills up before they leave