internet access on zenith

riandei

I was reading on Celeb's website and it says there is NO internet on Zenith ... can this be true ?? why only 1 ship ... was hoping to stay in touch with home via the internet ...

Is there a calling card or something I can get to use in Bermuda???

thanks

Zenith definitely has internet access. It is the only ship that does not use the Online @ Celebrity vendor (and is cheaper, I believe, by .25 per minute). Once you are in Bermuda you will want to use onshore internet cafes (MUCH cheaper). And yes, you can buy a Bermuda phone card either in Hamilton or St. George.

EECruiser is correct. There is Internet Service on Zenith.

I just returned from sailing her and it is .50 per minute as opposed

to the other ships which are .75.

Princess may be cheaper per minute, but it charges your for OFFLINE use of the computers at the same rate. Celebrity allows offline use at no charge, including no fee for printing. I never went near the computers on Princess becasue of the offline charges, but use the terminals on Celebrity to process my photos and then have them downloaded to a CD for $15.

Bruce

I don't believe it is available on the Zenith, but on most of Celebrity ships you are allowed to download pictures from your digital camera to the ship's server. You can then edit them, label them, etc. and at the end of the cruise download them to a CD for $15. I've done it on three cruises and it's great. You come home with your pictures all finished.

Bruce

Princess may be cheaper per minute, but it charges your for OFFLINE use of the computers at the same rate. Celebrity allows offline use at no charge, including no fee for printing. I never went near the computers on Princess becasue of the offline charges, but use the terminals on Celebrity to process my photos and then have them downloaded to a CD for $15.

Bruce

On the Zenith the .50 per minute charge is for online and offline. I am not sure why it is different than the other ships. We were on the Zenith in December right after they changed the prices. The offline charge for use of Word and Excel was new.

Also, keep in mind that the connections on Zenith are VERY SLOW. Dial up is superfast compared to the Zenith connections. Most that have discussed the internet connections on Zenith have agreed.

The terminals in the show lounge are in better shape and are more infrequently used than the three in the library.

thank you all for the info ...looks like phone card or internet-cafe in bermuda is the way to go

Yes. We only use the on-ship access if necessary. Here is a link to Internet cafes in Bermuda.

The best place to buy the phone cards is at the Tourist Information Office, to your left when you get off the ship in Hamilton, toward the ferry docks.

Have a great time in Bermuda! We'll be there again in April.

Ed and Cathy

Archived