Peninsular Club Points

MX-Drew

Anyone had a response yet?  I've just received an email with my Loyalty Statement on as of today's date.  After a bit of digging I found the Loyalty Statement of October 2019 and it shows the same number of points so nothing added for the 27th June Staycation cruise.  All very confusing.  I feel as though someone's trying to befuddle me with figures so that I miss out!

I’ve had a reply, but no surprise it makes no sense

Hi Amanda, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. This will be actioned in due course, however if this is urgent for any reason, then please email us at loyalty@pocruises.com . Best wishes, Claire

I had bought it to their attention so why didn’t they just do it? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After writing a third email, this time to Paul Ludlow and today getting a response from Simon Palethorpe!

I have been awarded the loyalty points and I was also told they have very large numbers of emails at the moment. 

• Like 1

If you are not going on a cruise immediately why the worry over a delay in adding your points? Especially if it does not increase your level.

The one thing I do miss, not checked on P & O, but certainly on Cunard is previous cruises seem to have disappeared.

18 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

The one thing I do miss, not checked on P & O, but certainly on Cunard is previous cruises seem to have disappeared.

P&O cruisers, past cruises seem to all be there on my account 

53 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

If you are not going on a cruise immediately why the worry over a delay in adding your points? Especially if it does not increase your level.

It does move me up a level and I am cruising again in September.

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

After writing a third email, this time to Paul Ludlow and today getting a response from Simon Palethorpe!

I have been awarded the loyalty points and I was also told they have very large numbers of emails at the moment. 

Did your reply give any indication that they are attempting to credit the points or was yours just a blip?  If those of us on the 27th June cruise still haven't got our points it looks as though it's going to be a slow business!

23 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

Did your reply give any indication that they are attempting to credit the points or was yours just a blip?  If those of us on the 27th June cruise still haven't got our points it looks as though it's going to be a slow business!

The excuse give was "it is due to Covid" why the points had not been added.

I advise anyone who has not got their points added to use the contact form and send a note. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, ovccruiser said:

A few reasons to "worry".

1) If I leave it I will forget to get it sorted and there won't be time before my next cruise.

2) It does change the level I'm on.

3) Why should it not be done automatically?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

The excuse give was "it is due to Covid" why the points had not been added.

I advise anyone who has not got their points added to use the contact form and send a note. 

It all strikes me as very strange.  I know the company has had to make lots of people redundant and many have been working reduced hours on reduced pay but I sort of assumed that points could be added automatically.  I've now got a vision of a computer painstakingly adding Peninsular Club points with the equivalent of one finger after it's prolonged period of self isolation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2021 at 3:56 PM, Snaxmuppet said:

Me 2

I am using chrome 🙂 

Try Firefox. It uses Mozilla's own Gecko browser engine rather than the Chromium used by Chrome and (nowadays) Microsoft Edge. Sometimes works when the others don't. It is also more secure.

Edited by Denarius

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Has anyone's points been added yet?  Just back of our 2nd seacation on Iona, but the P&O website for me is now not showing any past or future cruises, just tier and total points prior to seacations.

Same here. 2 staycation cruises not credited yet. We have another booked for 3 weeks time after that we should go up a grade. As we don't have another P&O cruise booked after that until October 2022 I'm not that bothered. Last week we booked the next cruise on board. The Loyalty Lady told me all the staycation cruises qualified for points. We shall see.🤔

• Like 1

I had the following reply by email dated 5th August

Thank you for emailing us at the P&O Cruises Peninsular Club. 

Unfortunately we have been made aware that there is a technical issue with the loyalty points updating as expected on completion of a cruise. Your situation has been reported to our IT team who are looking at a resolution. So please accept our apologies, in the meantime I can confirm that your records will be updated with 40 Loyalty Points, please allow 5-7 days for the update to show on your account. 

it probably won’t surprise you to hear my missing points have not yet been credited.  The emails for my upcoming cruise still refer to me as being the incorrect tier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just checked my points again today, and my total now reflects the Britannia and Iona staycation points being added.

Still not showing past and future cruises, but positive step forward with the points balance.

I just had a look. Our 2 Britannia staycation cruises don't show yet. I don't fancy hanging on the phone ( let Debbie Harry do that ), so will ask the folk at the Loyalty desk when we get on Iona in a couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just checked my points again today, and my total now reflects the Britannia and Iona staycation points being added.

Still not showing past and future cruises, but positive step forward with the points balance.

Not had ours added for the 2 staycation cruises that we have done either

On 7/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, Pink-belle said:

I had bought it to their attention so why didn’t they just do it? 

Maybe its because its all hands on deck (sorry... I disappoint even myself) for manning customer queries etc., now that cruises are underway again, and probably with reduced staffing numbers.

My uneducated guess would be that at least part of adding the points is a manual process - one would imagine that they have a fairly definitive database that handles the bulk of the work, but I can also imagine that at the very least someone/some team would need to check that the right points are applied to the right travellers (to check if someone is exempt for some reason, to ensure that the right points go to the right people etc.) I once travelled in a group where two people had the same name and that caused no end of confusion. Scale little checks like that up to several thousand people for each cruise, and it quickly becomes a very big job. Throw into the mix all the travellers who have had their cruises delayed, cancelled, or transferred throughout Covid, along with the standard questions it could get messy and fast.

The response, which I agree isn't especially helpful, reads a lot to me like "we'll get to it when we can".

9 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

Maybe its because its all hands on deck (sorry... I disappoint even myself) for manning customer queries etc., now that cruises are underway again, and probably with reduced staffing numbers.

My uneducated guess would be that at least part of adding the points is a manual process - one would imagine that they have a fairly definitive database that handles the bulk of the work, but I can also imagine that at the very least someone/some team would need to check that the right points are applied to the right travellers (to check if someone is exempt for some reason, to ensure that the right points go to the right people etc.) I once travelled in a group where two people had the same name and that caused no end of confusion. Scale little checks like that up to several thousand people for each cruise, and it quickly becomes a very big job. Throw into the mix all the travellers who have had their cruises delayed, cancelled, or transferred throughout Covid, along with the standard questions it could get messy and fast.

The response, which I agree isn't especially helpful, reads a lot to me like "we'll get to it when we can".

We are awaiting points from 2 staycation cruises with a third coming up. After that we will go up a grade, that will be applicable for our cruise in October 2022. If we phone we may get through, but if we do that may deprive some other caller who has an important issue. Ours can wait. We will have a word with the loyalty desk on Iona who may put some kind of note on their system. Not urgent at all, but if we want to book another P&O cruise for this winter we may call them. Bigger issues in the world than getting our points updated.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

You missed my point, I emailed them saying I was missing my points, and once applied they would move me up a tier in the Peninsular club, and I would like it to be amended in time for my September sailing.

Their reply was they are aware there is an issue and I should report it to loyalty, so my point still stands, why didn’t they forward my original email to loyalty and advise me that was the action they had taken?

then read my subsequent replies on this thread.  I duly forwarded my email to loyalty, who replied that they had contacted IT! The points had been added and would show in 7 to 10 days.  They didn’t and they haven’t.

I appreciate they are busy, as are an awful lot of us.  They however have taken 3 emails from me alone , when one should have been enough.  Their  initial reply could have been we are aware of the issue, we are working on it, if it is not resolved before your next cruise see the loyalty host onboard.

but they didn’t say that, they push it back on the customer to email different departments and deal with promises that haven’t been actioned, that’s not acceptable in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

You missed my point, I emailed them saying I was missing my points, and once applied they would move me up a tier in the Peninsular club, and I would like it to be amended in time for my September sailing.

Their reply was they are aware there is an issue and I should report it to loyalty, so my point still stands, why didn’t they forward my original email to loyalty and advise me that was the action they had taken?

then read my subsequent replies on this thread.  I duly forwarded my email to loyalty, who replied that they had contacted IT! The points had been added and would show in 7 to 10 days.  They didn’t and they haven’t.

I appreciate they are busy, as are an awful lot of us.  They however have taken 3 emails from me alone , when one should have been enough.  Their  initial reply could have been we are aware of the issue, we are working on it, if it is not resolved before your next cruise see the loyalty host onboard.

but they didn’t say that, they push it back on the customer to email different departments and deal with promises that haven’t been actioned, that’s not acceptable in my opinion. 

We are in a different situation to you so can wait, for now. It must be very difficult for them to understand the correct function in email. It's known as ' forward '🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had their accounts updated yet. I’m missing two staycation cruises (70 points) and my account still isn’t showing my past or future cruises. I’ve emailed them but after three weeks there still hasn’t been a response. My 4 night cruise on 4th July was added without a problem but since then I can no longer see any future cruises and my points haven’t changed for two cruises in August.

• 2 months later...