Covid cruise insurance

As cruises resume there already have been stories of passengers being removed from a ship mid-cruise because of covid.

Is there a cruise insurance that covers all costs of an onshore quarentine, over seas health care, and transportation home?

I have Cunard travel protection but I don't think it covers all that.

Edited by untailored bostonian

It is my understanding that most comprehensive travel protection policies today cover Covid as any other illness. A positive test alone does not trigger the benefits. One must consult a doctor and be ordered not to travel. If that happens before the cruise, the cancellation clause would apply.

If one tests positive during a cruise, I believe that the trip interruption clause covers expenses if a doctor orders no travel or quarantine until further testing is negative. While I do not see specific language that excludes Covid, trip interruption provides 125% or more of trip cost depending on the policy to reimburse unused cruise days and expenses to return home.

Your Cunard policy may already offer the coverage you need if it covers Covid in the same manner as any other illness. Do you see any language that names Covid as an exclusion?  Is Cunard offering any kind of Covid assistance in addition to insurance?

To be sure that you have what you need, consult a professional like Steve who often answers questions here. He can be reached at tripinsurancestore.com. 

Depends on what you mean by "coverage"

If you are asking "are there any travel insurance companies that will pick up the tab for all this and you never see a bill?"  Then No

If you're asking" are there any travel insurance companies that will reimburse us for valid expenses incurred up to the coverage limit?"  Then Yes.

• Thanks 1