balcony cabin with Aurea v yacht club

hannah29

we have had many cruises with MSC on their various ships. We are considering going for yacht club this time. Apart from the obvious private areas and the concierge is there anything else that is different? Are you allowed any drink on board or still limited to a price range? I assume you can still go and eat in the buffet if you want to at lunch time?

thanks

YC offers a higher level drinks package, plus WiFi included.   You can certainly avail of the buffet if you wish.  The Top Sail Lounge has snacks throughout the day, including a continental breakfast buffet and light lunch offerings.   You get butler assistance off the ship at POCs and priority return onboard (mainly for US sailings).   The YC restaurant menus are generally better than in “steerage”.    Breakfast and lunch are served on the One Pool deck (on the newer ships) if you don’t want to go to the restaurant.   

I actually like some of the cabins on other areas of the ship outside of the YC better.

BUT....it is all about the YC experience.

I LOVE breakfast on the Yacht Club pool deck, snacks in the cocktail lounge ,etc.

You can use any other areas of the ship you want.

On Italian night, I prefer the main dining room. I like the menu that night better and there is more Italian music & the waiters dance around.  I just tell the concierge in the YC we want to dine there that night & he calls & makes a reservation for us.

Do not forget that the checkin is different. You do not have to deal with the lines in the port.

A butler takes your luggage & you wait in a special room with champagne & cookies until your cabin is ready.

At the end of the cruise, They actually hold an elevator for you and then lead you to the front of the line to disembark.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shippy said:

BUT....it is all about the YC experience.

I LOVE breakfast on the Yacht Club pool deck, snacks in the cocktail lounge ,etc.

You can use any other areas of the ship you want.

On Italian night, I prefer the main dining room. I like the menu that night better and there is more Italian music & the waiters dance around.  I just tell the concierge in the YC we want to dine there that night & he calls & makes a reservation for us.

May I say "yes" to your post?  I'll add lunch on the YC Pool Deck was enjoyable as well.  Meraviglia's Pool Steward worked his "b(^t" off erecting tents, changing their locations, taking them down when the wind became an issue.  A very guest oriented young man!  

I wish I had thought about dining once outside the YC Restaurant.  I guess I didn't think that would be possible.  Italian Night in the MDR would have been a good choice to try to do that.  One more reason to sail MSC YC again!