COVID Test on board

Wuzzle10

1 hour ago, motone said:

Hello wuzzle10, we are on the Ovation on the 18th September. Am I right in thinking that we don't need a PCR test before flying? I know that we need to complete a PLR form the day before we go but not sure about anything else. Can you please advise and happy cruising!

No you don’t need a PCR test at the moment, but who knows in the future, we are now not cruising on the 7th but moved to the 21st fingers crossed we can get on then .

we need to do  a PLF for entry into Greece plus another on return to UK, plus a test within 72 hours for returning home which will be done on board , plus you need to order a test b4 you leave UK for day 2 on returning home!!

On 7/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, motone said:

Hello wuzzle10, we are on the Ovation on the 18th September. Am I right in thinking that we don't need a PCR test before flying? I know that we need to complete a PLR form the day before we go but not sure about anything else. Can you please advise and happy cruising!

Be vaccinated, carry your vaccine card and the QR code that you'll receive from the Greece PLR form.  If your QR code doesn't come in time, definitely carry a copy of the email that you'll receive.

Hello wuzzle10 and fudgbug, many thanks for the info.  We are both double jabbed and are also on a Government trial whereby we have swabs taken once a month and a finger ***** test which shows we have antibodies.  The only downside we can see at the moment is that good old Grant Schapps might well put Greece on the amber plus list which will make us have to quarantine on arrival back to the UK! Also, you mention that we need to book a PCR test before we leave the UK for day 2 on returning home.  Who is going to police this?  There must be thousands of passengers that need to do a test, so how can the authorities check every single one?  

Nearing the end of the first week on board and everyone was given a post card notification in their rooms Thursday evening with a scannable code for the on board covid testing.  Time was set for Friday, 7:30am to 10am in the Grand Salon and was very well organized.  They had four separate cubicles where you were quickly tested with a swab in your nose.  It went fine and would again suggest tilting your head back as I previously learned on this forum.  Results are to be known within 30 minutes.  We went and had breakfast and then went on a tour.  When we got back to our room I had the attached report at the slot next to the door.  I am guessing I was given the report incorrectly as my wife did not receive one and we are on the cruise for two more weeks.  I am assuming this is for folks leaving the ship Saturday morning and will be used to document covid status back to everyone's home country.  My wife and I received blue stickers in our security card holders and believe this is used to verify you have been tested and remaining onboard.  Inside tip... we went on the wine tasting trip in Napflion and it was awesome.  We are not wine connoisseurs by any stretch, but the winery was gorgeous, boutiqueish and the guide Helen was awesome!  They had a wine authority from Athens also onsite to provide further insight and he was very passionate and informative.  Very enjoyable for a small quiet, port.  You can feel the happiness and relief from the locals that travel is restarting and we felt the same towards their efforts.

test.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A bit of clarification to the above previous post, my wife actually had her results delivered to the room later that the same evening.  It appears the testing is done weekly and we will receive a report each time.  So far have not heard of anyone having problems or needing to quarantine.  Weather has been sunny, hot and have not seen a cloud for 10 days.  Have seen some older folks struggling with the heat at a few of the ports.  We are in Rhodes today.