COVID Test on board

Wuzzle10

We are on Ovation for a Greek cruise 7th of August, we are from uk, we have been told that they will test us on board ready for our flight home as this is needed by UK government , has anyone on board had this and how was it? Thank you

2 hours ago, Wuzzle10 said:

We are on Ovation for a Greek cruise 7th of August, we are from uk, we have been told that they will test us on board ready for our flight home as this is needed by UK government , has anyone on board had this and how was it? Thank you

From "The Herald" today, "Antigen testing and rt-PCR testing will be communicated with each suite individually."  We've been on board since July 3 and will be on board the week of July 10.  We'll need the same to go back to the states.

If the on board test is anything like the test we had prior to boarding, it will be easy peasy.

• Like 1

Just now, Heather White said:

Is The Herald still provided as a paper copy?

For the first few days it wasn't but now is.  I think that there had been many complaints about having to us a smartphone for everything.

57 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

From "The Herald" today, "Antigen testing and rt-PCR testing will be communicated with each suite individually."  We've been on board since July 3 and will be on board the week of July 10.  We'll need the same to go back to the states.

If the on board test is anything like the test we had prior to boarding, it will be easy peasy.

Just noticed on the back side of "The Herald":

"IMPORTANT NOTICE - MANDATORY ANTIGEN TESTING

In accordance with the Greece Ministry of Health protocols, you are required to do a mandatory antigen test before disembarkation.  Invites of your date and time for your test will be sent to your suites in the coming days."

They have said they will do the rapid antigen testing for everyone on board, at no charge. For most people, that will be sufficient to fly wherever they are heading. Should anyone need a PCR test for their onward travels, they will arrange for that to be done for a fee.

• Like 1

fudgbug, thanks for all of the great information - really appreciate it.

Now, you say the testing is "easy peasy."   Does that mean painless?   Because of medical procedures I have had five Covid tests where the happy tester says they will be gentle and then proceeds to jab the swab half way to your brain - it is quite uncomfortable - actually painful.   I am hoping the Seabourn tests are more the gentle swab in the nose - are they????

Jill

Hi I would also like to know how good are these people doing the covid test?It can be very uncomfortable. Do you do it or someone else? Silly questions but any answer would be grateful.Thank you.

Hi I would also like to know how good are these people doing the covid test?It can be very uncomfortable. Do you do it or someone else? Silly questions but any answer would be grateful.Thank you.

Was it a do it yourself ?

Covepointcruiser, thanks for the information and glad it was not uncomfortable - sounds like it was more the nose swab and not the one where they jab it up the nose to your brain which is not fun.   Hopefully the one on the ship is the same way.

Jill

On 7/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, jill1349 said:

fudgbug, thanks for all of the great information - really appreciate it.

Now, you say the testing is "easy peasy."   Does that mean painless?   Because of medical procedures I have had five Covid tests where the happy tester says they will be gentle and then proceeds to jab the swab half way to your brain - it is quite uncomfortable - actually painful.   I am hoping the Seabourn tests are more the gentle swab in the nose - are they????

Jill

Just a little tickle but it did feel as if it went up to the brain! 🙂

On 7/13/2021 at 11:38 PM, Capri73 said:

Done rather quickly by a professional.

1 hour ago, Capri73 said:

Great not what I was hoping.

Capri, unfortunately to get a proper nasopharyngeal swab you need to go deep into the nasopharynx which is where the nasal cavity meets the pharynx. Professional people know this. Maybe tilting your head backwards will reduce the discomfit and it is only for a brief few seconds.

Fudgbud, thanks for information.   I have had five Covid tests and I would not describe them as a tickle.   I thought there were two kinds of tests - one is a nasal swab where they stick swab in both nostrils and twirl it around but swab stays just in the nose.   The other is the one where they only do one nostril but stick it up pretty far - like what frantic36 describes.   I would not describe this as a tickle.but then I am a wimp when it comes to pain.    So still not clear if it is the nasal swab kind or the deep one.   I have some numbing solution that I have been using for my tests (for procedures and not because have symptoms) which helps but still not pain free - may need to bring in.   Thanks for all of the information.

Hello wuzzle10, we are on the Ovation on the 18th September. Am I right in thinking that we don't need a PCR test before flying? I know that we need to complete a PLR form the day before we go but not sure about anything else. Can you please advise and happy cruising!