Welcome lunch for suite guests

Holly123red

16 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Not 100% sure about Keel & Cow, but all the others were open.  We used Beach House and Olive Grove twice each during our cruise. 

Did Chef's Table on the first formal night.  Lovely food, same as the MDR, but the service left a lot to be desired.  Didn't bother booking for the second week and had a great meal in the MDR with much better service.

Thanks. That’s reassuring. We have done the Chefs Table a few times on Aurora, where it was a very special select occasion in the private dining room of the Glasshouse with just a dozen passengers, hosted by the Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef. I can’t say that a cordoned off area of the buffet appeals with hundreds of others, when the same meal is available in the more civilised MDR. 

On a recent cruise, November 2022,  a passenger was in reception wanting to know how much compensation P and O were going to give her because she had missed the ‘free lunch’ (or more likely, the free booze). She had missed the lunch due to arriving late and was not happy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ivanhoe road said:

On a recent cruise, November 2022,  a passenger was in reception wanting to know how much compensation P and O were going to give her because she had missed the ‘free lunch’ (or more likely, the free booze). She had missed the lunch due to arriving late and was not happy.

You see, I find loitering at reception is GREAT entertainment in its own right. You get to see so many entitled people who love to kick off… those types are a hoot to watch in action. Well, it certainly beats a lot of the onboard talks! 

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Camberley said:

You see, I find loitering at reception is GREAT entertainment in its own right. You get to see so many entitled people who love to kick off… those types are a hoot to watch in action. Well, it certainly beats a lot of the onboard talks! 

Have to try it😁😁😁

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I likewise always enjoyed the white wine on offer at these welcome lunches. I always assumed these lunches are only for loyalty tiers and never knew suite guests had access? Although from this post, it sounds as if suite guests didn't get access. They never get widely advertised and we always go as we know about them from past cruises.

5 minutes ago, david63 said:

No need to advertise the welcome lunch as you are given a card at check-in that you need to access the lunch.

We have rarely been given a card, but the restaurant just looks up our cabin number and we’ve never had a problem. 

23 minutes ago, david63 said:

No need to advertise the welcome lunch as you are given a card at check-in that you need to access the lunch.

That must only apply to suite guests, as Baltic tier Peninsular level passengers, we never receive a card at check in.