US citizens sailing out of Southampton, UK

Hollyheart1

Hi everyone.  We have rebooked our Celebrity cruise three times now.  We are currently reserved on this cruise out of Southampton.  when do you all think the UK will permit US citizens to cruise out of their port?  Do you think they will lift their restrictions by 9/27 cruise sail date?

On 7/10/2021 at 12:19 AM, Hollyheart1 said:

Hi everyone.  We have rebooked our Celebrity cruise three times now.  We are currently reserved on this cruise out of Southampton.  when do you all think the UK will permit US citizens to cruise out of their port?  Do you think they will lift their restrictions by 9/27 cruise sail date?

i think you should find another cruise.  there are many better ports to leave from then southampton right now anyways.

Edited by ericfromri
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 1:19 AM, Hollyheart1 said:

It is unlikely this cruise will keep its present itinerary anyway. All cruises up to this date have swapped to “staycations”...

If it was to run it would be the first leaving UK ports...

We are on the TA on Silhouette on Nov 1.  We believe that will sail and that US/UK restrictions will be lifted for vaccinated travelers.  A 9/27 sail date is much more in doubt since the cruise is a round trip, rather than leaving the UK til spring.

I have hopes for the 27th Sep' to sail.

Royal Caribbean's Anthem is currently having its itinerary changed from the Fjords to Spain and Portugal on the 5th Sep' with their following 12th Sep' itinerary altered to the Canaries.

So if they are altering Anthems post UK cruises to Canaries, I believe they are confident that the Southern Europe cruises are a go.

I believe Celebrity has made staycations of the first two northern Europe cruises but like Royal left the Canary ones (or in Royal's case actually added to them).

As to UK being open to US cruisers, looking at our numbers your problem may be getting back home again. 😮...

You will be able to see if there are any Southampton Anthem US pioneers on the sailings before your Celebrity one as a guide.

Edited by Stevio

• 4 weeks later...

We decided to cancel this cruise. Being from USA still too many variables. This is at least our third attempt  to rebook. So we have decided to book for a cruise next May. and are going to do a 13 night Best of the Western Mediterranean. We luckily were able to change our flights as well.  Disappointed about having to cancel though . 
My daughter found out yesterday that her entry was selected for a RCC test cruise. She put her name in last week last week and got an email yesterday. The drawing was only open for a day to submit the entries. 

Edited by Hollyheart1