Do the Deluxe Porthole View with Veranda Cabins on the E-Class Ships have an outside balcony?

Ken the cruiser

We're looking at these "porthole balcony" cabins on the Apex and were wondering if they have an "outside" covered balcony you can sit out on with a real door? We are currently booked in an Aqua Infinite Cabin on the Apex, but I'm concerned that the AC shuts off in the cabin when the window is open. I personally love sitting out on a covered balcony, rain or shine, while my DW likes to sit in the airconditioned cabin playing on her iPad when we're not out and about having fun around the ship. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts that have stayed in one of these cabins on the E-class ships.

I had one of these on the Edge in March 2020. Yes, you could open the door and go out onto it. It was covered and had porthole type large openings in it and you could feel the wind and sun. I would prefer to be in AC so I have an infinite balcony (which we toured and loved on the Edge) on Apex in 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

Yes they have a balcony and one of them would fit your needs as you have described them better than the so-called infinite verandah which is not a room with a balcony at all, just a room with a window that opens.  When the window is open, the room A/C shuts off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Podie said:

I had one of these on the Edge in March 2020. Yes, you could open the door and go out onto it. It was covered and had porthole type large openings in it and you could feel the wind and sun. I would prefer to be in AC so I have an infinite balcony (which we toured and loved on the Edge) on Apex in 3 weeks.

36 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes they have a balcony and one of them would fit your needs as you have described them better than the so-called infinite verandah which is not a room with a balcony at all, just a room with a window that opens.  When the window is open, the room A/C shuts off.

Thank you both! That's exactly what we were hoping. We just put one on hold for $550 pp less than the Aqua cabin we originally booked. We also just booked a variety of specialty restaurants to make up for not eating in Blu and still saved a bunch! 😎

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2021 at 4:51 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Thank you both! That's exactly what we were hoping. We just put one on hold for $550 pp less than the Aqua cabin we originally booked. We also just booked a variety of specialty restaurants to make up for not eating in Blu and still saved a bunch! 😎

Did you end up going with the DPV stateroom? what did you think? We are in the same boat (😊) in that we have an Aqua reserved on the Beyond, but i like to be able to get outside. Did you miss Blu? That’s the only thing that concerns me.

2 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Did you end up going with the DPV stateroom? what did you think? We are in the same boat (😊) in that we have an Aqua reserved on the Beyond, but i like to be able to get outside. Did you miss Blu? That’s the only thing that concerns me.

No. A few days later a SV showed up when I was doing my weekly mock bookings and we instantly put it on Hold and contacted our CVP. He subsequently transferred our booking to that SV cabin. Don't tell anyone, but the SV cabins on the Apex are awesome!

As far as missing Blu, not really as there were 4 "open seating" MDRs available to us on the Edge class ships.

1 hour ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I did a DPV on the Edge.  You could consider buying a specialty dining package if you go DPV as I'd imagine you'd save some $$$