Cancelled Cruise Credit

bohaiboy

1 hour ago, scottjeanne said:

Interesting.  We had our Antarctica cruise cancelled.  We took a cash refund.  they did not credit the days to our venetian society account. Never thought to ask or look at it.

Hi scottjeanne, you won't get the VS days if you took the cash refund -- it is only for rebookings, and only for cruises cancelled specifically due to COVID. We did not get credit for a cruise that was cancelled because of being shifted to a charter (and then cancelled due to COVID), but did get credit for later rebookings and their subsequent cancellations.

Tracking those days did require lots of time, patience, and the remarkable persistence of my truly terrific agent. 

2 hours ago, tiggertom said:

So we should have VS days for our second cancelled cruise?

Here is the VS Days policy as of July 1, 2021.

AA92AEA5-EB08-4582-80FF-0D30FAD99B90.thumb.jpeg.52b3fa12add45ee8936cca758e4eeaeb.jpeg

So, if your second cancelled cruise was a rebooking of your first cancelled cruise, then no, I do not believe you receive additional VS Days for the second cancelled voyage even if you use a FCC to rebook a third voyage.  Therefore, I believe the VS Days are only awarded on the first cancelled voyage.

Best to discuss your specific situation with your TA or SS.  I’ll do the same.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, scottjeanne said:

Interesting.  We had our Antarctica cruise cancelled.  We took a cash refund.  they did not credit the days to our venetian society account. Never thought to ask or look at it.

@scottjeanne The credits were only if you took the Future Cruise Credit; there were not credits for those who took a cash refund.

Edit: oops, sorry, I see this has been posted by others above.

Edited by cruiseej

I finally spoke with our Silversea Rep and asked whether we would be receiving Venetian Society credit for the number of days of our cancelled cruise in June.  He replied, 'Oh yes", indicating he needed to run it thru management to have them credit our Loyalty Statement.   We have never sailed with Silversea and the cancelled cruise in June would have been our first.  We took a FCC and immediately applied it to another voyage in 2022.  Of course, time will tell if we get credit.  I'll keep checking my statement and will follow up with our Rep if its not credited by the end of the month.  

On 7/15/2021 at 12:56 PM, Unibok said:

Hi Les, I'll do you one better: my cancellations resulted in 65 accrued VS days 🥰 

I kept optimistically re-booking voyages, both solo and with my mother, some of which were B2Bs. As each re-booking got cancelled, falling like dominos across my calendar, the credited VS days added up. I did need to follow up with good record-keeping to ensure they were counted properly. As with you, some of them appear on my statement with odd labels (like a currently re-booked cruise in 2022), which I think was a work-around in their system. The numbers are correct, though.

When I finally do get to sail again (hopefully in January!), I'll sure enjoy that laundry service. 🍾

Hehe... Well done. We can both look forward to the free laundry soon...... hopefully!

You got more VS credit for the cancelled cancellations? I haven't got that.... but if I had, it would have pushed it to 49... and when Januarys goes...to 65 also. Alas I know not to expect that and to be fair, just breaching 100 is great news.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

I finally spoke with our Silversea Rep and asked whether we would be receiving Venetian Society credit for the number of days of our cancelled cruise in June.  He replied, 'Oh yes", indicating he needed to run it thru management to have them credit our Loyalty Statement.   We have never sailed with Silversea and the cancelled cruise in June would have been our first.  We took a FCC and immediately applied it to another voyage in 2022.  Of course, time will tell if we get credit.  I'll keep checking my statement and will follow up with our Rep if its not credited by the end of the month.  

To be fair, you should be credited IMHO. Your VS account doesn't get created until you sail, but hopefully they act with the good faith you did when accepting the FCC and rebooking.

• Like 1

I dont see any sign of our VS loyalty credit for our cancelled cruise for January this year and I was thinking maybe it doesnt actually matter because I am unlikely to reach the next milestone (240 days) but then I got to thinking that with the credit (not yet showing) plus the days I currently have booked for the next two years I will be closer to 200 rather than 100 days so maybe, just maybe achieving the 250 mark is not so unlikely!   Provided I remain fit and well into into my eighties then I will reach the heady heights of 250 plus days subject of course to the pension funds remaining extant!    Oh happy days on SS ships how much I look forward to our return to sea next spring.   I havent chased our consultant for the missing loyalty days at the moment as I suspect he has more than enough on his plate trying to arrange and rearrange and rearrange this years cruisers, plenty of time for me to chase him when the current situation has eased.   😀  

4 minutes ago, labrasett said:

I dont see any sign of our VS loyalty credit for our cancelled cruise for January this year and I was thinking maybe it doesnt actually matter because I am unlikely to reach the next milestone (240 days) but then I got to thinking that with the credit (not yet showing) plus the days I currently have booked for the next two years I will be closer to 200 rather than 100 days so maybe, just maybe achieving the 250 mark is not so unlikely!   Provided I remain fit and well into into my eighties then I will reach the heady heights of 250 plus days subject of course to the pension funds remaining extant!    Oh happy days on SS ships how much I look forward to our return to sea next spring.   I havent chased our consultant for the missing loyalty days at the moment as I suspect he has more than enough on his plate trying to arrange and rearrange and rearrange this years cruisers, plenty of time for me to chase him when the current situation has eased.   😀  

I fully expect this will take several calls to the SS Agent to remind them to add the cancelled cruise days to our Loyalty Statement.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

On 7/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

I fully expect this will take several calls to the SS Agent to remind them to add the cancelled cruise days to our Loyalty Statement.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

You may be right but I dont propose to squeak just yet, plenty of time for that when things start to settle down, I am sure I will get them in due course!  I enjoyed free laundry on my last trip and will continue to do so for some time to come before I am due any further loyalty reward.