Havana Cabana---5228 cabin.... hear loud music from havana bar? balcony better? OR should I just book Norweg. Breakaway balc

bluesea4me

Hello all,

It's been a few years for a cruise for me, but it is finally time again.  I have a havana cabana reserved, but the CCL rep is telling me that I won't get sleep due to the sounds from the havana bar.  If any of the cabins from 5220-5234 have been booked by you, I'm looking for feedback.  He is trying to put me into a regular balcony on the 8/9th decks instead.  Honestly, I wanted the quieter area for during the day, but I would like to have the option to go to sleep at 11pm one night and not hear blaring music or the beating of drums/base sounds. 

My other option is to bypass Carnival and book my first Norwegian Cruise on the Breakaway in a Balcony...it's cheaper than the Carnival balcony and includes air.   PLEASE advise me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

We had Vista 5239 and loved the Havana area. We are early to bed, never had an issue with noise, and it was the last room before the pool area. But, just me personally, I’d save the money on one of those rooms and get an interior on the 6th deck Havana area with access to the stairs down to the pool. We used the patio area, because we paid for it, but it’s quite a bit more expensive. Just my opinion on if I’d do it again….

Thank you everyone....I also considered the inside...but then heard about how loud they were (prob aren't though), and they didn't have any, otherwise I definitely would have booked that as it would just be a few steps and I'd be down in the havana area...next time!    BTW---currently booked for my first Havana, and my BF:s 1st cruise!!!  HE's hesitant, I'm pumped!  Can't wait to have a deck chair and be back on a Carnival cruise!  🙂

• Like 2

I am booked in the same cabin on the Panorama for April 2022 and 2023.  I liked it so much I booked it twice because it is one of two adjoining cabins in the Havana Cabanas.  I always travel with my sister and her husband and we prefer adjoining cabins.

3 hours ago, bluesea4me said:

My other option is to bypass Carnival and book my first Norwegian Cruise on the Breakaway in a Balcony...it's cheaper than the Carnival balcony and includes air.   PLEASE advise me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

A Balcony cabin on the Breakaway with air is cheaper than a balcony on the Panorama?

I stayed in Havana 5214 on the Vista. Awesome cabin. The music in the Havana bar stops at midnight. Before that, my sister could hear a mild base. I heard nothing at all. I always bring earplugs just in case, but did not need them. If you have smaller ear canals, I recommend Mack's Dreamgirl Ear Plugs for small or sensitive ears. 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, kona_wahine said:

We had Vista 5239 and loved the Havana area. We are early to bed, never had an issue with noise, and it was the last room before the pool area. But, just me personally, I’d save the money on one of those rooms and get an interior on the 6th deck Havana area with access to the stairs down to the pool. We used the patio area, because we paid for it, but it’s quite a bit more expensive. Just my opinion on if I’d do it again….

I'm on the Horizon and wondering something similar. We are booked inside 5211 and the only other inside available on a different floor is 6465 which is the last inside in the hall, closest to the stairs/back of the ship. I'm a very light sleeper but I wasn't sure if noise would be worse on the same floor as the Havana Bar or directly above it. 

6 hours ago, blondie444 said:

I'm on the Horizon and wondering something similar. We are booked inside 5211 and the only other inside available on a different floor is 6465 which is the last inside in the hall, closest to the stairs/back of the ship. I'm a very light sleeper but I wasn't sure if noise would be worse on the same floor as the Havana Bar or directly above it. 

I couldn’t tell you. Hopefully someone else can chime int.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, mairinmaureen said:

I stayed in Havana 5214 on the Vista. Awesome cabin. The music in the Havana bar stops at midnight. Before that, my sister could hear a mild base. I heard nothing at all. I always bring earplugs just in case, but did not need them. If you have smaller ear canals, I recommend Mack's Dreamgirl Ear Plugs for small or sensitive ears. 

Thank you for the information.  I've never heard of those before.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, bluesea4me said:

Hello all,

It's been a few years for a cruise for me, but it is finally time again.  I have a havana cabana reserved, but the CCL rep is telling me that I won't get sleep due to the sounds from the havana bar.  If any of the cabins from 5220-5234 have been booked by you, I'm looking for feedback.  He is trying to put me into a regular balcony on the 8/9th decks instead.  Honestly, I wanted the quieter area for during the day, but I would like to have the option to go to sleep at 11pm one night and not hear blaring music or the beating of drums/base sounds. 

We were in 5201 and never heard anything once those doors were closed.  It was amazing.  

• Like 1