Proof of Vaccination Requirement

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Everybody needs to remember that RCCL is going by LOCAL health authorities for ports, and one size regulation does not fit all.  That is until they get a global COVID vaccination e-verification in place.

Thank you,  I have no idea what is or isn't valid in the USA.  My comments only  concern what we were told yesterday morning by the US consulate and what is on the Cyprus government website.  People can believe whatever they choose.  Requirements are changing almost daily in the EU.

12 hours ago, RRFan said:

Following this thread to get more info.  I'm in Texas and our original Vaccine card is very rinky-dink looking.  In fact, they only wrote the shot we got and a number that I suppose is the batch number for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine we got.  We actually wrote in our own name,  birthdate and date of shot.  I'm thinking that even I wouldn't take that as proof.  I think my 6th grade grandson could print the same thing on card stock.   We don't cruise until Sept.  I have faxed a request to the Texas Dept of Public Health Service requesting an official immunization history.  I mentioned in my fax cover that I want it for proof of Covid-19 vaccine and requested they mail it to me (I could have had it sent directly to Princess but don't think they would know what it was for).  We'll see if that has some sort of seal or something on it.  I plan to take both items with me to check in.   Hoping to hear what other PCL cruisers find to be acceptable at check in.

This is exactly what we did as we had the same concerns. Got the paper back in a few weeks. It does have a faint stamp on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Akina13 said:

This is exactly what we did as we had the same concerns. Got the paper back in a few weeks. It does have a faint stamp on it. 

Thank you for responding. When do you sail?  We sail Sept 5. If you sail first, please let me know how it went. 

• Like 1

There is a reason you get a different answer every time you call, as really no one can probably keep up with the constantly changing requirements.  Between the Country, the State, RCL, etc, each keeps changing their rules everyday.

But if you are vaccinated in the US, regardless of State, there are other records to document your status than just the CDC paper card.  In Virginia, after each shot we were emailed a link to the full record of vaccination that the local health department keeps and passes to the State.  This has alot more information on it (date, mfg, lot #, your name, your address, administering health official, location, etc).  So if your State didn't give you that, then you need to find out how to get it.

When I sailed on Adventure out of Nassau in June, I brought my CDC card and copies of both of the vaccination records just to be safe.  The CDC card is all we needed, but that was the Bahamas, so don't know about the EU.

5 hours ago, RRFan said:

Thank you for responding. When do you sail?  We sail Sept 5. If you sail first, please let me know how it went. 

Also, I wanted to say it worked for the Bohemian Visa - so don't see why RCL wouldn't accept it.

I also uploaded it to Verifly - and they accepted it as well.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, RRFan said:

It went fine. They didn’t even blink an eye. We are on the ship 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 5:05 PM, crazyank said:

The US consulate in Munich is adamant the the CDC card is not acceptable proof of vaccination in the EU.   Cyprus government website says the digital EU vaccination certificate is all that's needed.  If we ever get a definite answer I'll post it immediately.

Funny.  I am in Romania right now (EU country) and just spent a week in Bulgaria (EU country) at the beach.

Both countries accepted my CDC card without a question.

Upon entering Romania, you have to fill out a questionnaire.  After I put in my name, the health review worker, looked at my card, wrote Exempt on it and initialed it.  Immigration took a look and stamped my passport.  Done.

BTW, you cannot get a EU digital certificate unless you are an EU citizen or resident.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SRF said:

BTW, you cannot get a EU digital certificate unless you are an EU citizen or resident.

Nope,  in Germany anybody with proof of vaccination can go to a local pharmacy and register for a digital certificate.  

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Funny.  I am in Romania right now (EU country) and just spent a week in Bulgaria (EU country) at the beach.

Both countries accepted my CDC card without a question.

I don't doubt that at all.  Things are changing almost daily.

14 hours ago, crazyank said:

Nope,  in Germany anybody with proof of vaccination can go to a local pharmacy and register for a digital certificate.  

Thanks.  I will check on that in RO.

I know when the EU proposed the digital vaccination "passport" it was limited to EU citizens and residents only.

53 minutes ago, SRF said:

I know when the EU proposed the digital vaccination "passport" it was limited to EU citizens and residents only.

That's correct.  Apparently it changed when the EU opened up to tourists from the USA