Port Canaveral Parking

kelkel2

We are toying with the idea of driving to the port. We’ve never done this before, we’ve always flown. Is the parking garage that’s attached to Terminal 3 secure? I imagine it is? Like people can’t just walk through there messing with cars? We’re not leaving any valuables but still, I always worry. Also, is the port area easy to navigate?

With all of the years that I've been back and forth to the Cruise Port I've never heard of any incidents with people breaking in cars. Any one can drive through the parking area at any time, but there is a port authority officer / guard that drives around randomly, but I don't know if they are there 24 hours. Hope this helps.  

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

We’re not leaving any valuables but still, I always worry. Also, is the port area easy to navigate?

Parking at the port is the safest thing to do.  The security there seemed to be the same as in Port Everglades' parking garages.  The only thing that I leave in my car that is visible are my AAA maps and tourbooks.  Anything else goes in the trunk.  Now, that I have an SUV with no trunk, it does in the rear of the vehicle.  The windows are all tinted except for the front two side windows and the windshield.  But, nothing in that area can be seen.

I live here and have never heard anything of robberies or anything. It is guarded and it no where near homes, not walking distance and anyone can be seen for a mile 

I have parked there for my own cruises 

I'd rather do that than some grassy funky park-n-ride lot

Thanks guys! This makes me feel so much more at ease. We don’t leave valuables or anything that would attract a thief but you never know. We thought about doing a parking package with our hotel, but honestly then we’d still have to arrange transport to the port and back. So I think parking at terminal 3 just makes sense. 

• Like 1

When you get here you'll see, PC is kind of it's own little island. You'll come over a draw bridge and there's nothing past that but top secret Navy/AF Base and NASA stuff.

You can't just jump a fence. I think it's way safer

5 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

We are toying with the idea of driving to the port. We’ve never done this before, we’ve always flown. Is the parking garage that’s attached to Terminal 3 secure? I imagine it is? Like people can’t just walk through there messing with cars? We’re not leaving any valuables but still, I always worry. Also, is the port area easy to navigate?

We always park at the port.  Yes it is a little more expensive but it is safe, secure and we like being able to walk off the ship and get right into the car for the long drive home…..

In the past we have always parked at "Park Port Canaveral" the lot by the Radisson Hotel at about half the price of the terminal lot. We've never had an issue with safety there. In addition, we like that their shuttle drops us and our luggage right at the check-in and we don't have to drag our bags out of the garage to the drop-off. However, they are still closed until the cruises actually start again.

In searching for an alternative I've found "GO PORT" parking. Does anyone have experience with this operation?