Masks now required on Jade out of Athens.

Rob-Bob

22 hours ago, Trimone said:

I’m more worried catching Covid in Barcelona before we cruise, we arrive on the 1st September 

I'm not surprised, Catalonia currently has the worst infection rate in Europe: 1160 per 100,000. https://www.spainenglish.com/2021/07/16/coronavirus-spain-16-july-2021/

The rules of wearing masks inside except when actively eating or drinking and whenever you can't socially distance outside are the same rules we currently have in Spain. We also have restricted opening hours for bars and restaurants and curfews but only between 1am and 6am so it doesn't affect me I"m in bed by then anyway lol

Edited by SpainAlien

1 minute ago, SpainAlien said:

I'm not surprised, Catalonia currently has the worst infection rate in Europe: 1100 per 100 000.

The rules of wearing masks inside except when actively eating or drinking and whenever you can't socially distance outside are the same rules we currently have in Spain. We also have restricted opening hours for bars and restaurants and curfews but only between 1am and 6am so it doesn't affect me I"m in bed by then anyway lol

I'm sailing from Rome rather than Barca, but I decided to do my Rome days AFTER the cruise to ensure that if I was to catch COVID it wouldnt be before the cruise lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

For those who wish to cancel due to the mask requirement, would this apply (NCL's Peace of Mind page) as long as you are OK with credit and not cash refund?

I don't think the credit is 100%.

4 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I don't think the credit is 100%.

Perhaps someone who has used the Peace of Mind guaranty can chime in.  NCL uses "full" FCC as quoted previously and goes on to say:

100% Future Cruise Credit

Enjoy the flexibility to use your 100% Future Cruise Credit for sailings through December 2022.

3 minutes ago, zanzibargirl said:

Ooh thanks! So full refund, not just future credit? Great!

My bad, I wasn't even thinking about cash vs future cruise credit. It says FCC on the policy (though I thought it mentioned refunds in the past).

3 hours ago, zanzibargirl said:

Ah ok, what about if NCL cancels themselves? Refund of money?

In the past, yes. We had a cruise cancelled by NCL twice in the past year and both times received a refund of all monies paid. 

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We are booked on a cruise to Italy for August 28 on a different cruise line. Originally we were planning to fly to Italy via Heathrow, but would've been subject to the same 5-day quarantine, which would've scuttled our trip altogether. Fortunately, we were able to get our flights switched in order to avoid the UK and the quarantine. My hope is that Italy will dispense with that requirement soon, for your sake and others.

I called NCL today and they confirmed that if Italy dont remove the restriction, I can move my cruise to the same one but starting three days earlier in Barcelona.

• Like 1

No one can say what rules you will have at cruises in Europe in the next couple of month. This is not alone a Decision of ncl, ncl have to do what the countries tell them. And greek or Italy have their own rules for cruise ships at their ports. 

no one can say how they change their rules.  

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

No one can say what rules you will have at cruises in Europe in the next couple of month. This is not alone a Decision of ncl, ncl have to do what the countries tell them. And greek or Italy have their own rules for cruise ships at their ports. 

no one can say how they change their rules.  

Yeah, I'm coming to realise this. I can cancel my NCL cruise 15 days in advance, so I'll be keeping my eye on the news. I've also cancelled my insurance so I can re-insure closer to the time.

1 minute ago, SpainAlien said:

UK are currently talking about adding a quarantine when you return from Spain, like France, so you may be no better off

I don't mind quarantining at home. I work from home, my partner is here too and our hobbies are home based. No problem AT ALL.

• Like 1