Masks now required on Jade out of Athens.

Rob-Bob

To the original poster of this thread I’d go out and take few covid tests. They throw up enough false positives that you could end up with a positive test. If you send the positive test results to NCL they’ll give you refund if I’m reading their T&C’s correctly… 

I confirmed with my PCC that the mask rules will apply to my sailing so I guess I’m going to have to cancel. I’ll wait till I’m closer to my 15 day window to see if anything changes…

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, qdog123 said:

To the original poster of this thread I’d go out and take few covid tests. They throw up enough false positives that you could end up with a positive test. If you send the positive test results to NCL they’ll give you refund if I’m reading their T&C’s correctly… 

I confirmed with my PCC that the mask rules will apply to my sailing so I guess I’m going to have to cancel. I’ll wait till I’m closer to my 15 day window to see if anything changes…

That is a very interesting strategy and will likely work for those who have changed their mind about a cruise past final payment. I'm not making judgment one way or the other, just pointing out that the strategy will likely work.

• Like 2

We will be on the Jade in a few months, so we're following all of this with interest.

When we booked it was with the knowledge that things could change and that we would have to accept those changes or say goodbye to the cruise.

However, what we didn't sign up for was NCL applying local rules that are no longer in place and claiming that they are recent changes. As Jamie pointed out the Celebrity advisory is localised, and their requirements for Greece are in line with the Greek government's travel advisories but are at odds with those purported up-to-date by NCL.

• Like 1

Is it annoying - of course. And NCL hasn't always been great about communication in the past.

But I also know that the Jade is doing a "shakedown" cruise with NCL staff this Sunday.  It's entirely possible that some of the policy changes have to do with issues that have come up in preparation for that cruise - most of us aren't privy to all the details.

Things do change daily - for example, Los Angeles is suddenly back to masks - and it's possible that one or more of the ports has set certain requirements in order for the ship to dock and allow passengers to disembark.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, julig22 said:

and it's possible that one or more of the ports has set certain requirements in order for the ship to dock and allow passengers to disembark.

That may make the most sense.  If it is only one port I would rather skip it and go mask free for the time on the ship.  If it is all Greece ports that may be what is going on.  I still find it hard to believe that NCL just found out about this.

I did just look at the review on the Seabourn link and it does seem like a ray of hope for us.  Per the reviewer: "I believe there are fewer than 300 passengers this week and the crew is at full complement. They all wear mask and we are exempt! Greek regulations and our 100% vax compliance make this possible"

It could be because of the small number (300)?  Hopefully we will be in the same boat (no pun intended).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

We're doing shorter trips over the summer.    I'd rather save $$$ for when I can enjoy things fully.  

We did an excellent trip around Lake Siljan today and that's one of the reasons why I can wait to cruise! (Google for some great scenery!) 

We had lunch at Åkerblads Gästgiveri and that also make daytrips without facemasks an easy choice!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, Rob-Bob said:

After being told for months that there would be no mask wearing requirements on the Jade initial sailing leaving from Athens on July 25, we just were informed that we will need to wear masks indoors, and outdoors when social distancing cannot be achieved.

Forgive me for asking...it may very well have been asked but I did not read through the entire thread (4 or more pages).  Where/how exactly were you notified of this requirement?  I have a sailing on the Jade in August and have received NO communication regarding this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Forgive me for asking...it may very well have been asked but I did not read through the entire thread (4 or more pages).  Where/how exactly were you notified of this requirement?  I have a sailing on the Jade in August and have received NO communication regarding this.

Wondering that, too. To the best of my knowledge the OP hasn’t said who told him that. 

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wondering that, too. To the best of my knowledge the OP hasn’t said who told him that. 

Post #34 on Page 2 has the PDF that the was received regarding the mask mandate. The last bulleted item on Page 1 of the PDF is the notice of the mandate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

NCL’s website has now been updated to reflect this, in the FAQ section of the Sail Safe page.

3077982E-256C-469C-810A-D17C698C92E5.png

So does that mean it will apply to the Epic sailings out of Barcelona and Rome too? (Apologies if this has already been said)

13 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

So does that mean it will apply to the Epic sailings out of Barcelona and Rome too? (Apologies if this has already been said)

We are on the 5th September the first Epic cruise so I will let you know?

13 minutes ago, Trimone said:

We are on the 5th September the first Epic cruise so I will let you know?

We are on it too! I was looking forward to the ‘no masks’ as they had advertised but I suppose what will be will be and a lot can still change before then! 

14 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

We are on it too! I was looking forward to the ‘no masks’ as they had advertised but I suppose what will be will be and a lot can still change before then! 

I’m more worried catching Covid in Barcelona before we cruise, we arrive on the 1st September 

For those who wish to cancel due to the mask requirement, would this apply (NCL's Peace of Mind page) as long as you are OK with credit and not cash refund?

I'm not on Jade so not sure of your dates.

This caught my eye when I booked Breakaway early Nov. - just past the cutoff date.

Like JamieLogical says, we'll be rolling the dice on ports, lots of them on a long repo!

Cancel Up to 15 Days Prior

For cruises through October 2021, cancel 15 days prior to vacation start for a full Future Cruise Credit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I think in all (albeit brutal) honesty, anyone booking any vacation, cruise or otherwise, needs to be flexible with all changes and cancellations being possible. If they can't deal, wait and book next year.

How many cruises have you been on?