How long for points to appear?

ziggyuk

I have been searching the forum but not found any info.

Does anyone know how long to wait for points to appear, I'm sure it was fast in the past, I certainly don't remember having to keep checking.

With the status expiring after 3 years and a long covid break it's important points are added.

Does anyone know how log they currently take to appear?

• Like 1

Tony I got all my points added on in about 2days but that's only because my agent asked them to fast track as going back on 24th. The other reason to fast track was because I knew I was moving up another level and wanted my perks on 24th! Usually the points can take anywhere up to 2 weeks after the cruise to be added on.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Tony I got all my points added on in about 2days but that's only because my agent asked them to fast track as going back on 24th. The only reason I asked them to fast track was because I knew I was moving up another level and wanted my perks on 24th! Usually the points can take anywhere up to 2 weeks after the cruises go on.

Thanks for that, I will keep checking, I don't like hassling them unnecessarily but I equally don't like loose ends because I know I will likely forget & lose my status.

13 minutes ago, kernow said:

I hadn't even checked but just did and our 5th June cruise is not showing yet. Can't remember how long it used to be.

Thanks, I don't recall it taking that long in normal times, I think I will give them a month then start chasing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Does anyone know how long to wait for points to appear, I'm sure it was fast in the past, I certainly don't remember having to keep checking.

Just checked my account Tony, mine haven’t gone on either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

Just checked my account Tony, mine haven’t gone on either.

I was going to wait but I got to tempted by that email address and buzzed off the question, this is what I got back:

Good Afternoon,

We are having some difficulties with passengers points and our current IT systems. once this is fixed we will add the points.

Rest assured you will still have your Diamond status as this will not change.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Booking Management

Good old MSC IT systems 😂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, neptuno said:

Well if you are already Diamond what more is there?

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

It’s regarding the expiry of the status as the OP said

Exactly as Carole says, if you don't sail at least once in three years your status is lost forever. I believe I am right in saying MSC are the only line that do this.

As much as they have assured me my status is safe, I have read too many cases on this forum of people not getting credited points for trips and being unable to restore their status.

Although I am quite some way from the 3 year deadline, due to the lockdown I am much closer than I want to be and there must be people who are much closer than me, although I think I read people who had status expiring during lockdown were extended.

• Like 1

Ziggy ... MSC extended everyone's end date by one year, there was only I believe one person doing club points and that was a lady called Roxanne, no idea if anything has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, ziggyuk said:

Hi Tony,

Have your points gone on yet for the UK 7 nighter we did at the beginning of July? I’ve just checked my account and mine still haven’t been added for that cruise nor the 4 nighter I did in June.

Hope you and Anthony are both well. I’ve not been on the MSC boards recently, our next cruise is with RCI so been following the threads on there.

Regards,

Carole

12 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Tony,

Have your points gone on yet for the UK 7 nighter we did at the beginning of July? I’ve just checked my account and mine still haven’t been added for that cruise nor the 4 nighter I did in June.

Hope you and Anthony are both well. I’ve not been on the MSC boards recently, our next cruise is with RCI so been following the threads on there.

Regards,

Carole

Hi Carole 

Hope you and Mick are well. Just seen your message to Tony and I hope you don't mind me butting in. Both of my cruises points have now gone on. My TA got in touch with msc to get my points added on from our cruise 3rd July ready for the 24th July but I then had to email msc for my 24th. Which they responded back to me within 2/3 days and added the points on but they haven't extended my expiry date but not going to worry about that till my May cruise.

The email address is mscclubuk@msccruises.co.uk should you need to chase.

Hope you RCI goes well. Take care Suzanne 

54 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Carole 

Hope you and Mick are well. Just seen your message to Tony and I hope you don't mind me butting in. Both of my cruises points have now gone on. My TA got in touch with msc to get my points added on from our cruise 3rd July ready for the 24th July but I then had to email msc for my 24th. Which they responded back to me within 2/3 days and added the points on but they haven't extended my expiry date but not going to worry about that till my May cruise.

The email address is mscclubuk@msccruises.co.uk should you need to chase.

Hope you RCI goes well. Take care Suzanne 

Hi Suzanne, 

Thanks for butting in lol. We’re both good, hope you and Nick are too. Appreciate the email address, I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your last cruise with your daughter, I bet the ship was busier than when we were all on her. We’re trying to organise something for the week of 12th September (our 34th Anniversary). Hoping to sail on RCI’s Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona but a couple of the ports are in Italy which currently has a 5 day quarantine period for arrivals from the UK. It’s being reviewed again next week on the 30th but if they extend the date, Plan B is to book a Greek Isles cruise on the Jewel of the Seas from Cyprus. I can’t believe we’ll be sailing less than 2 weeks after booking, never left it so late to book a land based holiday let alone a cruise 😳.

Regards, Carole

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Tony,

Regards,

Carole

Hi Carole,

They added 2000 points after my second email but the problem is they did not extend my expiry, I wrote back and said it was the expiry date I was more concerned about as I'm already Diamond so points have no value to me. 

Initially they tried to say my expiry had been extended but after I sent them a screen shot they agreed and said I should not worry as they have made notes on my account.

I'm afraid I really don't share their faith, I have seen too many people lose status through no fault of their own and MSC always (the cases I have seen) say they can't help.

It probably won't be an issue as I'm sure I will sail well before the expiry, it's just annoying they can't put it right as my expiry should be July 2024.

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi Carole,

They added 2000 points after my second email but the problem is they did not extend my expiry, I wrote back and said it was the expiry date I was more concerned about as I'm already Diamond so points have no value to me. 

Initially they tried to say my expiry had been extended but after I sent them a screen shot they agreed and said I should not worry as they have made notes on my account.

I'm afraid I really don't share their faith, I have seen too many people lose status through no fault of their own and MSC always (the cases I have seen) say they can't help.

It probably won't be an issue as I'm sure I will sail well before the expiry, it's just annoying they can't put it right as my expiry should be July 2024.

2000 points? I thought it was 700 for 7 nights or have I got it completely wrong 🤷‍♀️

I’d be annoyed too about the expiry, what’s so difficult for them to just change the date I wonder. But then again, it is MSC IT we’re talking about 😄

8 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

2000 points? I thought it was 700 for 7 nights or have I got it completely wrong 🤷‍♀️

I’d be annoyed too about the expiry, what’s so difficult for them to just change the date I wonder. But then again, it is MSC IT we’re talking about 😄

I thought it was high too, but Suzanne reminded me the UK cruises have double points, still very high though, even double would be 1400.

I am really frustrated by the points, 2024 would make me feel a lot more comfortable, points have no purpose once you are Diamond, I wish I could gift them.

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

I thought it was high too, but Suzanne reminded me the UK cruises have double points, still very high though, even double would be 1400.

I didn’t realise the UK cruises have double points, doesn’t explain the 2,000 though lol.

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I wish I could gift them.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Ours are still not showing from June so have just emailed them. I can't see the expiry date, where are you looking for this please?

Update. I've just had a reply from Roxanne to say she has added 1000 points. No idea if this is correct (last 2 7 night cruises were 700 and 800 respectively) but don't mind as we are diamond anyway with the match. No actual mention of Virtuosa in past cruises and still can't find the expiration date.

15 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Suzanne, 

Thanks for butting in lol. We’re both good, hope you and Nick are too. Appreciate the email address, I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your last cruise with your daughter, I bet the ship was busier than when we were all on her. We’re trying to organise something for the week of 12th September (our 34th Anniversary). Hoping to sail on RCI’s Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona but a couple of the ports are in Italy which currently has a 5 day quarantine period for arrivals from the UK. It’s being reviewed again next week on the 30th but if they extend the date, Plan B is to book a Greek Isles cruise on the Jewel of the Seas from Cyprus. I can’t believe we’ll be sailing less than 2 weeks after booking, never left it so late to book a land based holiday let alone a cruise 😳.

Regards, Carole

Yes enjoyed last cruise with daughter and yes very busy and very exciting watching people get taking off the ship by the police! Yes fun times😄 wow you got interesting times in the next few days to see if your on cruise A or cruise B. Yes is it us or the Italians that are making up their minds regarding quarantine? You'll know soon I hope. Which ever cruise you end up on I'm sure you will have a fab time.😎We were going out on the Seaview to the Caribbean from Barcelona in Nov daughter and I but we moved the cruise because of all these changes and I think yesterday some of the Caribbean islands went red so a good judgement call to move cruise to nxt year instead. Anyway take care enjoy the med 😀

15 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I am really frustrated by the points, 2024 would make me feel a lot more comfortable, points have no purpose once you are Diamond, I wish I could gift them.

Tony if msc with some miracle says you can gift your points please think of me😇 I am so so close to Diamond now 😃

• Haha 1