Where are the updates on Radiance?!

Circlt

She’s supposed to be ready for service here in Long Beach in a few short months and we haven’t heard or seen boo about her major refit!  Somebody tell John Herald we would like him to share what he can about her upgrades!  One question I have is, will her new appearance more closely match that of Sunshine, or Sunrise?  I know she is more similar to Sunshine but I think the waterfall Serenity area on Sunrise is so beautiful.  I wish they could do that for radiance!  I am dying for some news…will be on Radiance November 2021 fingers crossed!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Circlt said:

She’s supposed to be ready for service here in Long Beach in a few short months and we haven’t heard or seen boo about her major refit!  Somebody tell John Herald we would like him to share what he can about her upgrades!  One question I have is, will her new appearance more closely match that of Sunshine, or Sunrise?  I know she is more similar to Sunshine but I think the waterfall Serenity area on Sunrise is so beautiful.  I wish they could do that for radiance!  I am dying for some news…will be on Radiance November 2021 fingers crossed!

If you go right to his face book page you can post your questions there.  He is very prompt at responding.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Circlt said:

Radiance is more close to Sunrise not Sunshine, so there will be no waterfall, I believe that’s a Sunshine exclusive since they added some passenger decks where as Triumph and Victory had them incorporated into their build. 

The ship still has plenty of time to complete the dry dock but they should at least make an update soon.

Edited by CruiseAdict218

5 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Typo, thank you!

No, it is in the quote you replied to. Many people think the name is Herald which is very easy to confuse with an unusual name like Heald. Heald sounds like the past tense of a verb for what my dog does when he is was being good. With a different spelling of course. 😉 

Edited by sanmarcosman

47 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, it is in the quote you replied to. Many people think the name is Herald which is very easy to confuse with an unusual name like Heald. Heald sounds like the past tense of a verb for what my dog does when he is was being good. With a different spelling of course. 😉 

I know that is what I was saying the "r" was a typo.  I know it is Heald and Hearld, I just was typing to fast lol

Just now, wemjam said:

I know that is what I was saying the "r" was a typo.  I know it is Heald and Hearld, I just was typing to fast lol

This is funny. I'm saying you weren't the person who typed Herald. Go back and look lol 🙂 

• Haha 1

There have been posts on the upgrades to the Destiny class. The Conquest Class is similar but perhaps 50 feet longer and 10 thousand tons heavier.  When I compared the ships on the Carnival site, the max passenger capacity is 3000 or so for both. So would the Conquest class be a bit better with more room in it or public space? And if you had two near identical cruises near or from the same port as an example, which one would be chosen by cruisers? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Radiance is more close to Sunrise not Sunshine, so there will be no waterfall, I believe that’s a Sunshine exclusive since they added some passenger decks where as Triumph and Victory had them incorporated into their build. 

The ship still has plenty of time to complete the dry dock but they should at least make an update soon.

Thank you!  I had it backwards!

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes I botched that, thank you for pointing it out.  No coffee yet 🙄

• Like 1

I've sailed both the Sunshine and Sunrise and there's things I like about both, but they definitely didn't do the same renovations and in the end I prefer the Sunshine. 

On the Sunshine the Removal of the Aft pool and creating additional eating areas for Jijis,Cucina and the Havana Bar provides additional eating areas and the food choices at the Havana Bar are yummy.

I feel the substitution of the Serenity waterfall and splash pool area compensates for the missing aft pool. The Sunshine had a more complete renovation of the gym and it's larger than on the Sunrise. Additionally,in the spa/gym locker room there's a complementary sauna in the respective locker rooms. On the Sunrise they removed the single sex sauna and instead created a co-ed  sauna which is complementary but it's hidden,not advertised,and not always in operation. The Sunshine has more deck space allocated to the Serenity area.There are other areas of differences between these two ships which show they made cost saving changes on the Sunrise renovation as compared to the Sunshine.

I'm so excited! - my husband and I are booked on a Spa Balcony for one of our upcoming cruises! I can't find squat about the boat dept basic stuff. I'm kinda excited to just be surprised at this point!