How does cabin changes charge on Credit card?

jjdmom8

Hi everyone! This may be a crazy question but here goes... We have a cruise booked already.. but just realized that we have over 100,000 points on the carnival credit card that will cover $1500 on a cruise.. Our cruise did not cost us but less than $700 and that charge has already posted to the CC account.  IF I change cabins to one that the total is $1500 will they pull back the $700 charge for the initial booking and do another charge for the full $1500 or will they just add the additional information $800?  to use the 100K in points on the CC, it has to be one charge of 1500 or more and not a total of two charges.. from what we see and have read? anyone have any experiences with this?

15 hours ago, jjdmom8 said:

Hi everyone! This may be a crazy question but here goes... We have a cruise booked already.. but just realized that we have over 100,000 points on the carnival credit card that will cover $1500 on a cruise.. Our cruise did not cost us but less than $700 and that charge has already posted to the CC account.  IF I change cabins to one that the total is $1500 will they pull back the $700 charge for the initial booking and do another charge for the full $1500 or will they just add the additional information $800?  to use the 100K in points on the CC, it has to be one charge of 1500 or more and not a total of two charges.. from what we see and have read? anyone have any experiences with this?

I have no experience but suspect that they would transfer the amount paid to the new booking, so you would need to book a cabin that is $2200 (suite?) in order to use your credit (or just book another cruise🙂). You might be able to ask them to refund the $700.

Unless you direct them, they would just charge the "extra."  But as Zoey Victoria has stated, a good PVP can refund the original payment to that credit card and charge the new full amount to a new one.

I had my PVP refund to my credit card and used gift cards for over $1500 when one of our cruises we paid for with gift cards was cancelled and I got them refunded back.  He has also done the same thing for me, refunded my credit card when I used it to pay the $600 deposit and I got in gift cards to pay for it, just refunded CC and then applied the gift cards.