Ensenada transportation

Kruisn'Kay

I would like to plan a wine tour in Ensenada for my group, around 14 people. I am flexible if we’re in 2 vans or 1 bus. Does anyone have any recommendations for private transportation that can take us to a few wineries? Thank you!

I can't give you a personal recommendation, but I see these types of buses all the time in Valle.  This link suggests a 14 passenger van is $400 for 10 hours which would be perfect:

https://bajaexcursion.com/shop/transportation-only/transportation-ensenada-to-valle-de-guadalupe/

The drivers can help plan a tour, but I would recommend doing your own research and letting them know where you want to go.  

Some of my favorite places for wine would be:

Finca de Carrodilla

Las Nubes

Monte Xanic

Baron Balche - no view

El Cielo - expensive with a fancy resort - never tried their food

For food I might consider:

Matilde - nice setting, good food and not too crowded

Finca Altozano - a classic for modern baja food

Monte Xanic - also has food service which isn't bad

La Cocina de Dona Estela - a local classic for breakfast and lunch

If you want the best view in all of Ensenada, go to Bar Bura at Quatro Quatro.   It's bit expensive for Mexico and you'll need reservations well in advance but the view is amazing.  You probably could fit this in as part of a tour to Valle de Guadalupe but it is a bit our of the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, Kruisn'Kay said:

Thank you so much for your detailed reply!!

I just went to a new to me winery that I liked called "Relieve Vinícola."  Great view and being on the west end of the valley it was cooler.  They have an associated restaurant that we didn't try but it looked nice.

Really, the popular review sites are your friend when it comes to picking locations to visit.  Going there you can also hit up "Casa Frida" which is popular for drinks and food.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, scottca075 said:

We've used a company called Baja Winery Tours, but not from Ensenada, from San Diego because they do cross border pickups for groups. They did a fantastic job.

They would be my vote also.  Make sure whomever you hire is licensed and insured.  There have been recent incidents of the transit police inspecting tour vans, finding them in violation, and kicking everybody to the side of the road to wait for rides as they impound the vehicles.