Fall 2021 restart- Masks required, even for vaccinated

basyedad

20 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Again, I am talking about the major lines. I think most of those cases are reported

Just use the CDC Color status to see how many of the large ships planning on sailing from the US currently have COVID-19 cases.  Pretty consistently there's been 25% of the ships (currently 15 of the 63 ships) with COVID-19 cases on board.  Right now there's five ships with enough cases, I'm not sure what their threshold level is or whether it's the 1.5% I've seen mentioned, that the CDC is investigating.  Several of them are currently approved for sailing with passengers.

In no way am I suggesting these cruise ships should be stopped or not allowed to begin sailing.  I'm just pointing out there are a lot more cases on these ships than many people may be aware of.  Divina has moved into Yellow status.  I've seen posts from crew moving to the ship and evidently there's now been several cases on board.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Até said:

Most of the ships before their re-start have gone through yellow and orange, I saw the Meraviglia did the same.  I suspect it has something to do with getting the crew staffed up and vaccinated.

Does not mean there are positives on a cruise with passengers.  You know this.

If you are still fighting that you want all cruises to be 100% vaccinated, I understand, but for now that fight seems to be over.

4 hours ago, KennyFla said:

I suspect it has something to do with getting the crew staffed up and vaccinated.

Does not mean there are positives on a cruise with passengers.  You know this.

You need to educate yourself rather than guessing, try reading and comprehending the CDC regulations I posted.  Crew coming on board are put in quarantine and testing positive at this point is no longer counted as a positive case in the CDC official color status.  From the first link:

Definition of a COVID-19 Case for the Purpose of Ship’s Color Status

• A positive viral test result for COVID-19 in any traveler (passenger or crew member)
  • COVID-19-like illness in any traveler (passenger or crew member) with:
    • a negative or repeatedly inconclusive/invalid test result (i.e., never able to register a positive or negative result) for COVID-19 and with no other laboratory-confirmed respiratory pathogens (e.g., influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, Legionella, Streptococcal pharyngitis), or
    • an unavailable test result (e.g., traveler refuses to be tested, testing resources unavailable onboard).
  • The following persons are not included when determining a ship’s color status:
    • passengers who test positive on day of embarkation who do not board the ship, or
    • newly embarking crew members who test positive during quarantine.

From the second link:

Criteria for Ship Color Status

Ship color status is determined using surveillance data from the previous 7 days—regardless of voyage dates— and CDC investigation findings.

The following persons are not included when determining a ship’s color status:

• Passengers who test positive for COVID-19 on the day of embarkation who do not board the ship, or
  • Newly embarking crew members who test positive during their embarkation quarantine period.

The CDC revised the color status and meanings when they added the orange color.  The color status now covers the number of crew and/or passengers (not newly boarded and in quarantine nor denied boarding) that while on the ship have tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus or for some "mysterious" reason have a Covid like illness but fail to generate a positive or negative test result. 

Any ship in Yellow status has above 1% crew and/or 1.5% passenger positive cases, which is the CDC "threshold" found in my first link.  Any ship in Orange status has positive cases but are below the above percentages.

• Green status means the ship has no reports of cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness.
  • Orange status means the ship has reported cases of COVID-19 but is below the threshold for CDC investigation.
  • Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.
  • Red status means the ship is at or above the threshold for passenger and crew COVID-19 cases. Based on CDC’s investigation, additional precautions, such as returning to port immediately or delaying the next voyage, will be taken if it is suspected that continuing normal operations may subject on board travelers or newly arriving travelers to disease.

3 hours ago, Até said:

You need to educate yourself rather than guessing, try reading and comprehending the CDC regulations I posted.  Crew coming on board are put in quarantine and testing positive at this point is no longer counted as a positive case in the CDC official color status.  From the first link:

So how is the Divina yellow when it has not sailed yet? Or the carnival Freedom?

There is another criteria to being yellow:

• During the past 7 days, the ship failed to submit one or more daily EDC submissions on time (by 1200 ET). On a weekly basis, CDC emails all ships a reminder to submit the EDC form. In addition, CDC sends a reminder email if a ship does not submit their EDC form.

I still maintain that practically all positive cases of ships that are sailing are leaked to the media.  Especially now that the CDC is in court and trying to sway public opinion.(My opinion).

If you have evidence to the contrary please post.  I originally said cruising on the main lines has a very, very low risk to it.  I stand by that.

Some of the ships in yellow status are sailing with passengers, Carnival Horizon, Celebrity Millennium and RC Freedom.  It's highly unlikely these cruise ships forgot to send in their daily EDC forms and willingly initiated a CDC investigation. 

Divina?  Perhaps, but that makes no sense for MSC to start sending EDC's in for the past couple weeks then suddenly stop.  The ships don't have to be sailing with passengers, the ship can go into yellow status if 1% of the crew test positive (not including those who just boarded and are in quarantine).  I suspect others here have seen Arthur is newly aboard and currently in quarantine on Divina - not that he tested positive but 1%+ other crew already on the ship have.

I've never stated there is high risk.  The CDC states "While cruising will always pose some risk of COVID-19 transmission, CDC is committed to working with cruise ship operators to ensure that cruise ship passenger operations are conducted in a way that mitigates this risk among crew members, passengers, and port personnel."  So it's up to each person to decide if they feel comfortable on a certain ship or cruise line. 

I don't know what you mean by "leaked to the media", is that some reference to fake news?  Your posts consistently promote that there is practically no chance of COVID-19 cases on the cruise ships when that is obviously not the case.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:51 PM, KennyFla said:

Again, I am talking about the major lines. I think most of those cases are reported

Your numbers are way off < there have been covid cases on almost every sailing . Nothing to freak out over but I keep seeing little blurbs here in the Florida press. I think @Até has pretty factual info that paints a clear picture.

10 hours ago, Até said:

I've never stated there is high risk.  The CDC states "While cruising will always pose some risk of COVID-19 transmission, CDC is committed to working with cruise ship operators to ensure that cruise ship passenger operations are conducted in a way that mitigates this risk among crew members, passengers, and port personnel."  So it's up to each person to decide if they feel comfortable on a certain ship or cruise line. 

Agree

On 7/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, MotownVoice said:

I’m not sure what your comparison hopes to accomplish.  If success is determined by what ship has the most passengers, that’s easy.  The unregulated ship will, by definition win.  Because the regulated ship will require social distancing which would equate to fewer passengers.   If your standard of success is which ship has the most survivors, I think sane people will agree it won’t be the one that’s more concerned with the self involvement of personal freedoms and less about the safety and well being about the people around you.  The unregulated ship will, without doubt produce more corpses.  

I don’t think so I would go on the ship that whether you’re vaccinated or not I don’t have to wear a mask as long as I wash my hands and do my own thing I’ll be fine besides all the alcohol everybody drinks will be immune to this damn virus anyway LOL

4 hours ago, ortech said:

I don’t think so I would go on the ship that whether you’re vaccinated or not I don’t have to wear a mask as long as I wash my hands and do my own thing I’ll be fine besides all the alcohol everybody drinks will be immune to this damn virus anyway LOL

uch.  You cannot possibly believe that.  

• Like 2