Nervous mom wants to cancel late August Horizon cruise.

Penguin11

On 7/23/2021 at 10:52 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Combined with the fact that the delta variant data is only starting to be released, and is quite scary regarding kids compared to pre-delta, I wouldn't want my kids to cruise right now. 

but that mostly concerns unvaccinated kids. OP's teens are vaccinated.

As of this time we are planning on cruising with our unvaxxed kid in November. He is going back to school in 2 weeks, and NOBODY at his school (elementary) is vaccinated, besides some teachers and staff (not 100%). Masks are optional. At least they are not optional for unvaxxed people on the cruise.

P.S. We are vaccinated and we still wear masks indoors. We do not eat at restaurants unless they have outdoor seating, we don't go to church, movie theaters, indoor entertainment venues, etc. If we must attend any public events indoors (for example, my DH must attend a work conference), we wear masks.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 7/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, NotlocTRD said:

There are more cases of illness and side-effects associated with the vaccines in healthy teens than there are with the virus itself. 

let's not go there without at least providing official statistics to back your statements.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 11:06 AM, DGNewton said:

PS Bring a huge can of lysol to do your own room wipe down too....we have 3 cans packed! 

Never thought I'd turn into a Howie Mandel - LMAO

we had been doing that long before the pandemic. Since we started cruising with our then 3 yo - we always wiped the seats and windows and arm rests on the plane with Clorox wipes, and then wiped everything in the cabin on the ship. I recommend wipes rather than spray because you can't spray on the plane anyway, and spraying in the confined space of the cabin will make the cabin unusable for a bit due to fumes.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:31 AM, Penguin11 said:

Thank you all for your input.  I will show her this thread tonight and discuss.  
Hopefully she will come around. Myself and the kids really want this trip to go on as scheduled. 

if the kids are minors, I would say  a "two yes, one no" rule should apply. In order for the cruise to happen, both parents need to agree to it. If one parent says no, than the cruise will not happen. Same rule is usually applied to other major decision in regards to the kids.

In order to get a yes from your spouse, you need to convince her. Show her some of the recent RCI threads of people cruising with their under 12 yo unvaxxed kids.

Okay, we are on the Horizon 8 day July 24th sailing now. 
so, there are plenty of kids on board. 
but non vaccinated are not allowed on shore in any of the 3 countries we visit UNLESS you go a bubble excursion.  Book them early.  

as far as safe we were really apprehensive about the trip.  But learned as we went. At first I wore a mask and finally have not for the last 2 to 3 days expect where mandated getting off the ship.  

Carnival has done the best but have not enforced the mask policy onboard during shows.  But we are comfortable know the fact that the testing is being done 

I think you’ll be fine and you will finally enjoy a getaway. This is from an older person afraid of Covid too. 

I have not been on tha boards much during the cruise. 

on a side note the activities like camp carnival is closed on this trip.  
but the pool is wide open. 

beato of luck and send me a note if you have other questions 

• Like 1