move / cancel cruise Question

I could use some help. My family has a cruise booked for early next year out of Florida with 4 rooms and for 8 passengers. With the delta variant and covid numbers increasing some in our party want the entire cruise to be postponed.

In looking at royal website it looks like we can only move the cruise until later in the year with cruise with confidence after paying any price difference . We would be unable to move it beyond fall of 2022. 

We have only paid the deposit at this point.

If we want to move it until early 2023 what types of penalties would we pay. I have read where we would lose 100 dollars but is that per stateroom or per person. Can we get FCC to use for a cruise later and if so minus how much in penalties. 

My parents especially are just concerned what cruising will be like in early 2022 in terms of restrictions and think pushing this back another year is a smarter idea. 

If they decide to cancel the entire cruise all 4 rooms and 8 passengers would they get any of that deposit back.

We do not have much experience with cruise reservations as we are relatively new to cruising.

Thanks for those that will reply 

I too am debating on canceling my November cruise and was told unless we use it in 2022 I believe July of 22 we would just lose our deposit.

Need to figure it out before final payment next month. At this point I’m thinking I’ll just go with it because I’m thinking if things get real bad there will be no cruising once again.

if I didn’t persuade know 7 fully vaccinated people that all have Covid as ai type I wouldn’t be thinking about canceling 

1 hour ago, md80fan said:

I could use some help. My family has a cruise booked for early next year out of Florida with 4 rooms and for 8 passengers. With the delta variant and covid numbers increasing some in our party want the entire cruise to be postponed.

In looking at royal website it looks like we can only move the cruise until later in the year with cruise with confidence after paying any price difference . We would be unable to move it beyond fall of 2022. 

We have only paid the deposit at this point.

If we want to move it until early 2023 what types of penalties would we pay. I have read where we would lose 100 dollars but is that per stateroom or per person. Can we get FCC to use for a cruise later and if so minus how much in penalties. 

My parents especially are just concerned what cruising will be like in early 2022 in terms of restrictions and think pushing this back another year is a smarter idea. 

If they decide to cancel the entire cruise all 4 rooms and 8 passengers would they get any of that deposit back.

We do not have much experience with cruise reservations as we are relatively new to cruising.

Thanks for those that will reply 

It is only FCC’s that have to be used by the fall of 2022 you should be able to move your cruise to any available sailing without penalty.