RCCL Vaccination Proof for Ontarians

mabt

If you were vaccinated in Ontario and have recently cruised with Royal Caribbean, I would love to hear your experience with providing proof of vaccination at the port.

Others have posted that they contacted RCCL and were told that the PDF file(s) we receive as proof of vaccination in Ontario would be accepted, but I'm hoping to hear further detail from people who have actually travelled.  In particular, are they specifically asking to see proof of *both* vaccine doses, or is the second receipt showing "2 valid doses" enough?  Digital or printed?  Are they actually checking vaccination dates and doing the calculation to make sure its within 42 days?  Has anyone run into any issues?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

I'm going a little bit off topic, but rather than bouncing between this board and the Royal Caribbean board, I just wanted to comment on your idea of popping over to Gatineau to get a third shot. As far as I know, unless you recently moved from Québec to Ontario and still have a valid QHIP card, they won't give you any COVID shot, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Like Ontario, Québec pays for the cost of administering the vaccine, and it isn't about to pay for Ontarians.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm going a little bit off topic, but rather than bouncing between this board and the Royal Caribbean board, I just wanted to comment on your idea of popping over to Gatineau to get a third shot. As far as I know, unless you recently moved from Québec to Ontario and still have a valid QHIP card, they won't give you any COVID shot, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Like Ontario, Québec pays for the cost of administering the vaccine, and it isn't about to pay for Ontarians.

As far as I know, all provinces are administering vaccines to anyone who wants one, with or without provincial health coverage.  To do otherwise would discourage people who don't have health cards for any number of reasons, valid or otherwise, from getting vaccinated, and they absolutely don't want to go there.

I'm not positive they would give me a vaccine, but I think it's likely.

It's also entirely possible I could get one in Ontario (I'm just not sure how that would be documented - "You have received 3 valid doses"?), or even Nova Scotia while I'm there in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, it's a last resort, and purely hypothetical at this point.  It's not something I'm eager to pursue, for many reasons.

3 hours ago, mabt said:

As far as I know, all provinces are administering vaccines to anyone who wants one, with or without provincial health coverage.  To do otherwise would discourage people who don't have health cards for any number of reasons, valid or otherwise, from getting vaccinated, and they absolutely don't want to go there.

I'm not positive they would give me a vaccine, but I think it's likely.

It's also entirely possible I could get one in Ontario (I'm just not sure how that would be documented - "You have received 3 valid doses"?), or even Nova Scotia while I'm there in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, it's a last resort, and purely hypothetical at this point.  It's not something I'm eager to pursue, for many reasons.

Yes, to anyone who wants one who is a resident of the province or territory. Even new or temporary residents who don't have medical coverage in that location. Remember the BC couple that flew to the Yukon and posed as new employees at a motel in Whitehorse and were vaccinated as new residents? When the truth came out, they faced charges under Yukon's Civil Emergency Measures Act.

Nova Scotia has only been giving some thought to the possibility of 3rd doses, so don't count on any program being in place in the next few weeks. And, BTW, the Nova Scotia website refers to "Nova Scotians" receiving vaccines there, with no mention of other Canadians popping in for a quick shot. As for Ontario, I don't know if Ford and company have even given any serious thought to 3rd doses as a solution to this problem.

Anyway, it's good to read that this is a purely a hypothetical plan. 😇 

You can not get a second dose in the province that you received your first dose.

I asked. A few times. To a few different locations.

So I guess theortically if you are close to Quebec you can go and get two doses, of the same vaccine, 28 - 42 days apart.

But.. then your vaccine form does not have the required information as per most cruiselines requirements.

2 hours ago, Tomchick1970 said:

"Looks like residents only in Que https://www.cp24.com/news/quebec-offers-3rd-dose-of-covid-vaccine-to-astrazeneca-recipients-who-want-to-travel-1.5523641"

I hope this happens for ONTARIO too!!!!

The article says thats because of the AZ vaccines that were manufactured in India and thus not approved.

Would you only be allowed a third dose if your AZ shot was from that lot of doses?

I don't know the answers to those questions.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, to anyone who wants one who is a resident of the province or territory. Even new or temporary residents who don't have medical coverage in that location. Remember the BC couple that flew to the Yukon and posed as new employees at a motel in Whitehorse and were vaccinated as new residents? When the truth came out, they faced charges under Yukon's Civil Emergency Measures Act.

Nova Scotia has only been giving some thought to the possibility of 3rd doses, so don't count on any program being in place in the next few weeks. And, BTW, the Nova Scotia website refers to "Nova Scotians" receiving vaccines there, with no mention of other Canadians popping in for a quick shot. As for Ontario, I don't know if Ford and company have even given any serious thought to 3rd doses as a solution to this problem.

Anyway, it's good to read that this is a purely a hypothetical plan. 😇 

There's a lot here that's not wholly accurate, but luckily I'm not all that interested in whether or not you approve of my plan-that's-not-even-a-plan, or my intentions.  I'll assume you were trying to be helpful rather than judgemental, in which case I thank you for your thoughts, but unless you have concrete examples of your assumptions on what provinces will or will not do, further "help" of this form is unnecessary.

Also misplaced, since, as you pointed out yourself, it wasn't the intended topic of this thread.

43 minutes ago, mabt said:

There's a lot here that's not wholly accurate, but luckily I'm not all that interested in whether or not you approve of my plan-that's-not-even-a-plan, or my intentions.  I'll assume you were trying to be helpful rather than judgemental, in which case I thank you for your thoughts, but unless you have concrete examples of your assumptions on what provinces will or will not do, further "help" of this form is unnecessary.

Also misplaced, since, as you pointed out yourself, it wasn't the intended topic of this thread.

Most members of CC are more appreciative and far less dismissive of information intended to assist. I see that you were also rather dismissive of the response from Michael Bayley's office to an email that you sent, so I'm sensing a trend. 

Best of luck and happy cruising.

• Like 1

The only thing more foolish than following health advice given on an Internet forum is following health advice given by politicians - but I guess you know that.
At least the strangers on the Internet forum are trying to be helpful.

• Like 1