"Travel With Guarantee" ... really???

Shellbelle28

I got a communication from NCL yesterday telling me all about their new "Travel With Guarantee" program. For only $25 per person, they will guarantee that everyone in the booking are on the same flight. 

I am not one of those who constantly sing the "Norwegian, they nickel and dime you to death" song, but this gives me some heartburn. I am rethinking taking the second passenger flies free offer on the cruise we've booked. 

2021-07-27_8-49-24.jpg

I think you misread it.  This allows people on different reservations to travel together.  Take my October 2019 cruise for example.  I was traveling alone on my reservation, my sister and her SO on another.  If they had this policy at the time we would have been charged an extra $75 ($25 each) to "link" our reservations to ensure our flights were booked together.  At the time we simply had to ask the TA to ensure we were linked.

Within the same stateroom there should be no need for additional charges to ensure you travel together.

• Like 4

I don't think this intersects with the "Second Passenger Flies Free" promo; they already guarantee that two people in the same cabin will be booked on the same flight.  I think this is targeted more towards a larger family group, or a group of friends, who have booked several cabins & want to travel together.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trivimp said:

I don't think this intersects with the "Second Passenger Flies Free" promo; they already guarantee that two people in the same cabin will be booked on the same flight.  I think this is targeted more towards a larger family group, or a group of friends, who have booked several cabins & want to travel together.  

That's my understanding, too. I've occasionally seen threads where a large group wants to make sure all members fly together in order to avoid multiple itineraries and arrival times. The pricing of the BOGO air is pretty competitive in many cases, so an extra $25 doesn't seem too bad in order to guarantee people are on the same flight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trivimp said:

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

I think you misread it.  This allows people on different reservations to travel together.  Take my October 2019 cruise for example.  I was traveling alone on my reservation, my sister and her SO on another.  If they had this policy at the time we would have been charged an extra $75 ($25 each) to "link" our reservations to ensure our flights were booked together.  At the time we simply had to ask the TA to ensure we were linked.

Within the same stateroom there should be no need for additional charges to ensure you travel together.

Ahhh, that makes more sense! I was very surprised! Now I see it... "up to four reservations..."

Edited by Shellbelle28

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, treykion said:

Hmm, I think you misunderstood the terms.

You're replying to a thread from approx. fifteen months ago. If you don't quote the poster in your reply, they won't get a notification and will have no idea you responded to their post.

Hmm, I think you misunderstood the terms. This implies that people from different bookings will be able to fly together. This is very convenient, recently my husband and I used this service when we flew to Madrid. It so happened that we took tickets for different flights, paid $ 25 extra, and flew together, which was very convenient. By the way, we had a great time in Madrid. We were advised of the free walking tour Madrid; we enjoyed it. Now we are looking at tickets to a new country.

Edited by treykion