I was on the Horizon July 18th-24th. Ask me Anything.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have! Sorry, failed at taking pics! But I was really truly there! Mainly hung around the Havana areas. Louis and Wendy (Havana bartenders) were amazing! Did every specialty restaurant. Ask away!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Georgie562 said:

Was Chefs Table up and running?

How about Bonsai Teppanyaki?

You were on the 6 day run. What Days were Elegant night?

Was the night club up and running?

Chair hogging on sea days?

Love all the questions! Sadly I can only answer a few. A few days prior to my cruise Chefs Table popped up as a specialty dining reservation, I jumped on it! Sadly it never happened. I talked to many a staff, they looked at me like I was a bit crazy whenever I mentioned it. So, nah didn’t happen, very sad about that, but I will tell ya this, the food in general was lacking, supply issues is a serious thing, so tamper expectations when it comes to food. 

Bonsai was available and I prebooked it. I’d say it was a pretty good experience. Very fun. The chef was attentive and made every guest feel like they were a part of the show. They eventually gave us all the appetizers in very small amounts, but we got to try them all. They specially said this before we got to order, so another supply issue? Everything was great, but I’d stay away from the chicken. 

Elegant nights. As far as I know, there was one  on the second day of the cruise, honestly cannot recall the 2nd elegant night. Carnival has gotten kinda weird with their naming of special events, so I have no idea sadly. I’m sorry. 

Night Club. Another unknown. I’m sorry. However I do know there was a lot of activity til at least 3am. People getting pizza and what not. The Tides Bar on aft which is located on lido stayed open until 2am. 

Lido chair hogging. Ok, so I barely visited lido unless to get a burrito or some pizza. So I’m unsure of whether or not there was chair hogging. However, when I was there, there was plenty of chairs/loungers available for everyone. 

Thank you for the questions and I hope I answered at least some of them clear enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mips said:

Were the tall, round white chocolate & Black forest cakes avaialbe for purchase at the coffee shop?

Honestly, I have no clue. However, whenever I went by to grab a Propel (did some

heavy drinking) they had a massive assortment of yummy desserts, ranging from fancy donuts to super stuffed massive cupcakes and assorted cakes. I was super tempted by the bacon donuts honestly. But all my carbs were going to beer. Hardly any low carb options when it comes to beer/seltzer’s on the ship. Pretty sure I drank them all and the “hidden” keg of Heineken. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Honestly, I have no clue. However, whenever I went by to grab a Propel (did some

heavy drinking) they had a massive assortment of yummy desserts, ranging from fancy donuts to super stuffed massive cupcakes and assorted cakes. I was super tempted by the bacon donuts honestly. But all my carbs were going to beer. Hardly any low carb options when it comes to beer/seltzer’s on the ship. Pretty sure I drank them all and the “hidden” keg of Heineken. 

Oh my, bacon doughnuts? We have a coffee shop with caramel drizzled bacon doughnuts. They are so hard to pass up.  I will have to use up some of my sugar allotment on one of those!  

• Like 1

Just now, jdixon0631 said:

What was the itinerary Cozumel grand cayman Ocho Rios 

Originally, it was very similar to that. However we ended up at Amber Cove, Half Moon Cay, and Bimini which is in the Bahamas. Pretty sure we aren’t going to Grand Cayman got a while. 

7 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Oh my, bacon doughnuts? We have a coffee shop with caramel drizzled bacon doughnuts. They are so hard to pass up.  I will have to use up some of my sugar allotment on one of those!  

Yep! Bacon donuts! Now, don’t get too excited, they were just yeast donuts with a little glaze and “bacon bits” on top. Tasty? Yes! The best? No. But they have a lot of fun stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terab85 said:

Did they have a White Night on this cruise?

As far as I know, they did not. However, they did have a lot of night time events. Like, dancing on the lido and stuff like that. St. Judes is still a thing they do. It’s a bit tough to know the nightly events without the fun times constantly being delivered sadly. I know for sure though; there is a massive amount of fun to be had, no matter the time, except past 3am, then I’m kinda done. Ha. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

Realized, the lack of a paper fun times and the QR codes not working off ship, you have no record for later

You are correct. But I plan on going to Guest Services every day to pick up a paper copy, no matter if it's a PITA. For the memories, don't you know. :classic_wink:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

Realized, the lack of a paper fun times and the QR codes not working off ship, you have no record for later

Truth. Yeah you have the stuff on your phone, but if you’re anything like me, while on a cruise, you’re not always attached to your phone. Kinda made things a little bit more difficult. However, wasn’t too hard to find where the fun was at, especially late at night, as long as it wasn’t lido. Deck 5 was mainly where I spent most of my time. 

6 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

What excursions did you try on the 3 ports?  Our September cruise just got really-routed to match.  

I think you mentioned in the other topic that Bimini had delays for both excursions and walk-offs; do you wish you had stayed on the ship?

I did in fact did stay on the ship. Once we arrived in Bimini and saw the Covid task force we decided to just stay on and cancel. Just didn’t feel right to us. From a few friends that did get off, they said it wasn’t anything special as far as beaches go. Most shops were closed to the public (cruisers) and the protocols were strict. I do know before we arrived Bimini was under a strict lockdown, so experiences may change in the future.  Wish I had more to offer, but the situation just felt off to us.