Carnival Vista has changed ports of call for Sept 4th date

Mr.Mom

Originally scheduled for Jamaica & Grand Cayman before Cozumel, now has listed Honduras and Belize with Cozumel on carnival.com site. No notice, no reason. This has happened in past 48 hours. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.34.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.38.28 PM.png

If you have read anything at all doing research regarding your ports of call, you should have read that Grand Cayman is not letting any cruise ships visit until the first of the year at the earliest.  I'm supposed to visit there on January 12 on the Celebrity Apex and will be perusing any and all articles to get updates.

On a positive note, in Roatan go to Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth reserve.   You can book it direct with transportation for 30.00 pp.  Been there a few years ago on a NCL cruise and will be stopping again in November on the Mardi Gras.

• Like 2

They announced this change for july/august sailings in june and held off for ones after that bc wishful thinking.   However, in the meantime Cayman Islands announced they would stay closed to cruise ships until jan 27.  So this should come as no surprise for sailings in sept-jan.

• Like 1

Interesting to nix Jamaica, too.  It was probably too hard to find a substitute port due to time/distance.  We have this same itinerary in April 2022.  I'll be watching the Cayman Island updates over the next few months.

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I

On a positive note, in Roatan go to Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth reserve.   You can book it direct with transportation for 30.00 pp.  Been there a few years ago on a NCL cruise and will be stopping again in November on the Mardi Gras.

Not sure if Roatan is permitting non-ship sponsored excursions.  If ship only I think they have an excursion to Daniel's.  

When in November are you sailing?

5 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Look at this however you want, but we went on a couple excursions in Belize and each time we came away feeling like it's the same as home.

We're from South Florida and been thru the Everglades a lot.

LOL

didn't realize that So. Flo and Everglades had cave tubing and Maya ruins.  🙃

9 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

We're supposed to be on Vista for early Oct to Cayman (purposely chose this route) but haven't received anything from CCL yet.  Still hoping Cayman opens up sooner than next January.

It's been reported recently that it will be on January 27.  We were supposed to stop there on January 13 on the Apex

9 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Not sure if Roatan is permitting non-ship sponsored excursions.  If ship only I think they have an excursion to Daniel's.  

When in November are you sailing?

It's the October 30 sailing on the MG.  Have not heard anything about ship only excursions.   I have a reservation for 30.00 pp and already have confirmation that their van can take my wife's scooter.  If the stipulation is that vaccinated have to go on ship only excursions, we will just stay on board.  Went to Daniels a few years ago and enjoyed it.

• Like 1