MSC Divina Chef's Table

Cheyshe

I checked my booking, seems to be for the Steakhouse:

Book now your Butcher's Cut Steakhouse dining experience: Your own Chef, Your own Sommelier!

Includes:

• 1 shellfish platter to share
  • 1 appetizer
  • a dry aged ribeye with sauces and a selection of side dishes
  • 1 chocolate lava cake
  • 2 glasses of New World wine served with the meal

Enjoy this unique tailored menu made by the Chef exclusively for your table

As far as I know the Chef's Table dinner is always at a separated area of Butcher's Cut, but I haven't seen it offered on Divina before.  I was last on Divina in Spring of 2019 and they had just changed over Eatly restaurant to the Eatly Marketplace - kind of a precursor to Butcher'sCut.  Now that Divina has been through a refurbishment and has an official Butcher's Cut I suspect they might have made use of the old unused Ristorante Italia for the Chef's Table area.

Either way I don't think there will be any reviews for Chef's Table on Divina, you would have to look at the newer ships to find those.  I order almost that exact meal on other ships from Butcher's Cut by using our Dining experience and paying the 50% surcharge for ordering off the fixed menu. 

The first time I did this they just let the shellfish platter count as one person's app but then it changed to counting for two people's apps, then it was charged times two (price was changed to $38 per person) which totaled $38 extra and made it a bit too expensive.  I have no idea what they do for solos or odd number groups.  Unfortunately that appetizer part remains inconsistent.  The Ribeye was $45, so about $23 extra.  The dessert is normally included so you can actually order any of those for no extra.  I used my Black Voyager's Club meal but if you paid the then $39 dining experience plus the $23 for the Ribeye and most often $19(pp) for the Shellfish it would cost around $80 - at the time the Chef's Table was about $75.  But since I usually use my Black meal it cost me around $40 extra.  Since we always have a drink package the included glasses of wine really didn't make much difference to me.  Plus my travel partner really doesn't want this same meal and was free to order from the Dining experience menu, sometimes having to pay for an "extra" appetizer.

The food is usually always good at Butcher's Cut.  So the determinate to me is what they are now charging for that Chef's Table meal and if there's any value to doing that versus ordering off menu through the Butcher's Cut dining experience.