NZ Mar 15/22 CANCELLED?????

Mamabean

Is it true that March 15/22 Celebrity Eclipse 11 Night New Zealand & Sydney Cruise has been cancelled??????

There is NO information on their website and we have not received any email notification.

36 minutes ago, Mamabean said:

Is it true that March 15/22 Celebrity Eclipse 11 Night New Zealand & Sydney Cruise has been cancelled??????

There is NO information on their website and we have not received any email notification.

Go on to the Celebrity site and log in to your cruise planner. The cruise will show as cancelled. Eclipse won't be going down under for the 2021-22 cruise season.

We have had 2 cruises down under cancelled now. The first due to world events, the second I truly feel because of politics.

We may try again but probably 3 years down the road now.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Go on to the Celebrity site and log in to your cruise planner. The cruise will show as cancelled. Eclipse won't be going down under for the 2021-22 cruise season.

We have had 2 cruises down under cancelled now. The first due to world events, the second I truly feel because of politics.

We may try again but probably 3 years down the road now.

From a NZ perspective, I cannot agree that our border closure is political.  It is true that our vaccination process has been slow and it is also true that we are unlikely to look at reopening our borders until that vaccination process is complete.  We have had a policy of elimination since the start of this pandemic and that is likely to continue.  As to Australian politics, I don't understand that at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, onlyslightlymad said:

From a NZ perspective, I cannot agree that our border closure is political.  It is true that our vaccination process has been slow and it is also true that we are unlikely to look at reopening our borders until that vaccination process is complete.  We have had a policy of elimination since the start of this pandemic and that is likely to continue.  As to Australian politics, I don't understand that at all.

As you know (because of other threads) much of our vacation was on land in OZ. I have not been critical of the NZ response because your leadership got to work and led. I guess our cruise is actually a New Zealand cruise with a land tour tacked on after. So technically the cruise is cancelled because NZ is closed but for us the situation in OZ is an open sore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

As you know (because of other threads) much of our vacation was on land in OZ. I have not been critical of the NZ response because your leadership got to work and led. I guess our cruise is actually a New Zealand cruise with a land tour tacked on after. So technically the cruise is cancelled because NZ is closed but for us the situation in OZ is an open sore.

I understand your reasoning and I also understand your frustration.  I feel weirdly disappointed by the cancellation of our January cruise even though I was fully expecting it.  I am still hopeful that you will get to NZ one day and I am certainly hopeful of visiting Canada.  I hope your East Coast (?) cruise is going according to plan.

I may use the opportunity of moving an Asia February 2022 cruise to a January 23 New Zealand cruise as doubt that earlier trip will go ahead. Enjoy the cruise, visit our friends, and return to the UK leaving a newly retired wife there (for a bit).

A  fantastic country to visit on holiday. Hope you speed up the vaccination program.