Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral to Carnival Magic- Delays with uber for 5?

basketballdad

I just read a general nationwide travel blog about how it is hard/impossible to get rental cars and ubers and such in some markets.  We have 4 adults and 1 infant and we are staying in orlando the night before our cruise.  Anyone have RECENT experience or heard from others what getting a ride to the ship from MCO, the airport, might be like, on Uber.  Some busses seem to be about 80-90 each way for our group.  Wanted to do an uber- a few years ago they were plentiful and was about $45.  Any thoughts?  We will be waiting for a while to find an Uber?  I hope this is the right spot for a Carnival Magic question.

Rental cars are going to be absolutely hit or miss in all markets. Many rentals dumped a lot of their fleet. Now they are trying to buy more, the cost of used cars have skyrocketed, shortage of chips have new cars limited in manufacturing causing those companies to not offer fleet vehicles. As for Uber/Lyft, that could go to surge pricing with reduced drivers are massive increase in demands. 

If I were you, and I am in a similar situation in November, book a private shuttle or a shuttle like Cotrans. That will insure you get to the port. A rental car could leave you stuck using Uber/Lyft which leaves you paying whatever they decide to charge or using a taxi. 

• Like 1

With 5 plus bags you will need UberXL, and even then it will be a tight squeeze (especially if anyone in your group packs like my wife! 🤪). Pre-virus the XL fare from MCO-PC was about $100+ - you can do a mock booking on the app to see the current fares.

Be sure to mention the infant when making reservations, and I would bring your own car seat to ensure that it is correctly sized and maintained.

Have a great cruise! 😎

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Check with:

Cruise Control Transportation 

Cocoa Beach Shuttle

Cortrans Shuttle

Thank you for pointing me to Cocoa Beach Shuttle. I'm travelling solo. Cortrans was fully booked, Cruise Control charges a 100% single supplement, many posts on the boards say to avoid GoPort at all costs. It looks like CBS is the best option overall for me in terms of both scheduling and fare!

• Like 1