Have you seen this or do you have one?

LHC

Looking for light weight luggage....ordered a rolling duffel with handle from LL Bean the extra large (7-10 day size) which weighed 9 lb. (I was over weight limit last trip for the airlines with a fee due:(

So this months purchase will be a item number 1399 carry-on weighing 5 lbs.looking for feedback on using the website: www.TravelSmith.com or using this actually item.

LHC

Looking for light weight luggage....ordered a rolling duffel with handle from LL Bean the extra large (7-10 day size) which weighed 9 lb. (I was over weight limit last trip for the airlines with a fee due:(

So this months purchase will be a item number 1399 carry-on weighing 5 lbs.looking for feedback on using the website: www.TravelSmith.com or using this actually item.

LHC

I agree with S7S, I've had great luck with items from Travel Smith. Also, something I purchased after our last cruise was a small, hand held scale that has a hook for the handle of your suitcase. We always do well flying to the port, but we have to "guesstimate" on the return flight. This item (I got this one from Magellans.com) is fairly small and will fit into the luggage, and hopefully will avoid DH having to hurriedly transfer things from one bag to the other at the airport, after we've discover that one is 10lbs. under and one is 5lbs. over.....:o We also purchased a new set of luggage by travelpro that is rolling luggage, but 25% lighter, and we could really tell the difference (clearly, I made up the difference with purchases while on the cruise...;) )

I love TravelSmith.

If you're flying to your cruise port, make sure your rolling duffel does not exceed 65 inches total (LxWxH) . I have been wanting one but the ones I saw from LL Bean and Lands' End are bigger than 62". The airline regs for checked luggage is 62" and carryon is 45". Check the airline website under baggage restrictions.

GN

If you're up to it you can use the scale found in the gym. Get on, weigh yourself (and don't faint at the sight of the needle indicating your cruise weight gain) then pick up the luggage and weigh with it. Subtract the difference and you have the luggage weight. It's like weighing a dog.:D

Thanks for the advise....Hoping by getting less weighty bags to put all my stuff in, that it will free me up at the airlines. Good suggestion hope I do not tilt the scales to OVERLoad.

lhc

Archived