Canceling and rebooking before FP , Cruise with Confidence

I feel like I’m not finding the answer on Royals site in the Q &A.

If I cancel my cruise before final payment I will get my  $200.00 no refundable deposit in a future FCC correct? 
They are not clear on this. It says you will get a FCC for the price of your cruise, they wouldn’t expect me to make my final payment if I want to cancel before FP to qualify do they? I was thinking I could just cancel and take my deposit in a FCC to be applied when I’ve decided on another date. 
FP is August 25th for November 8th cruise, I’d cancel by mid August and hope to apply the $200.00 to a May cruise. I’ll take the loss before I pay in full if I know I’m going to reschedule.

4 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I feel like I’m not finding the answer on Royals site in the Q &A.

If I cancel my cruise before final payment I will get my  $200.00 no refundable deposit in a future FCC correct? 
They are not clear on this. It says you will get a FCC for the price of your cruise, they wouldn’t expect me to make my final payment if I want to cancel before FP to qualify do they? I was thinking I could just cancel and take my deposit in a FCC to be applied when I’ve decided on another date. 
FP is August 25th for November 8th cruise, I’d cancel by mid August and hope to apply the $200.00 to a May cruise. I’ll take the loss before I pay in full if I know I’m going to reschedule.

Yes

6 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Yes.  Your deposit and anything you may have paid toward the cruise fare will be returned as FCC.  Anything excursions, spa, packages, dining, etc. that you've done through the cruise planner will be refunded in cash to your original payment method.

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

Yes.  Your deposit and anything you may have paid toward the cruise fare will be returned as FCC.  Anything excursions, spa, packages, dining, etc. that you've done through the cruise planner will be refunded in cash to your original payment method.

So I can just move my deposit? Do not need to make final payment for this cruise 

Thank you everyone.

I will wait to the last minute to decide as Covid test for travel are easy and quick here in Illinois.  I know for my cruise it’s not mandated but I’m sure it will be by November.

Im on and off about gong😷

4 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

They can move your deposit.  No penalties.  Did this yesterday.  Was on the phone about 30 minutes to complete the changes.

Was there any criteria similar to the L&S? Or was it a straight move with no price protection etc? Purely a new booking with the previous money? Thanks!

Had booked 2 cruises with only 12 days between return and next sail date.  Didn't won't to test so moved 1st cruise up 9 days.  No penalties involved.  Did this yesterday AM.  Then PM new protocols came out. Will probably request a FCC the day before final payment.  Not opposed to testing...but live in a rural area and its a pain to locate a testing site.  Hope testing at terminal becomes an option.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

hmm, mine is August 23rd for November 21st cruise.

Make sure you are not too late.

Final Payment is due by 25 AUG 2021, 5:00 PM EST

this is what it says ….I wonder why mine would be after yours when your cruise is later than mine ?

Edited by Midwestgal
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, DCPIV said:

In the Royal Caribbean tradition of being inconsistent, I canceled my early August cruise the day before FP was due.

I had paid cash for the deposit and then later applied FCC from the deposit of another canceled (by me) cruise to make the total down on the cruise a bit over $2000 in cash and FCC.  There was $1,000 in FCC, (4 people in a suit0 and another $1,000 that I paid in cash for the deposit when I booked in 2020.  I was fully prepared to receive $2,000 back in FCC, the original FCC and an FCC for the deposit I paid.

When I went to cancel, the CSR said the even though I applied my FCC later, it would be considered as the deposit payment.

Then then refunded $1,000 to my CC and re-issued the original $1,000 FCC.

2 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

It’s correct. Mine is only a 4 night cruise so FP date is due on or before day 75 of sail date.

If there is a travel agency, sometimes they ask for final payment a couple of weeks early.  

• Like 1