St. Kitts??

bulldogmom

There isn't a "St. Kitts" heading on this board so I thought I'd ask......

We will be visiting St. Kitts next February. Anyone done any good excursions here (either thru the ship or on your own)?? I can't seem to find that much info on anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are some great excursion possibilities on St Kitt's (been there twice - once on a ship and once for a week).

For a first time visitor I would suggest a taxi tour that includes Brimstone Hill (a UNESCO World heritage site, a restored fort with spectacular views) and Caribelle batik (the gardens are lovely) with maybe a beach drop off at the end of the tour.

Another good possibility (if you have enough time) is a catamaran snorkeling tour to Nevis.

We were there two weeks ago and it rained in the morning and the ship left by 2:00. We had planned to go to South Friars Beach with the children. We're going back again next year since we only saw the shops at the pier. Any suggestions for a day with children 6 & 9 ?

Boatingmom, We were there in december with kids aged 9 & 10.

We took a taxi tour which included Brimstone Fort which was great. You can hire a thing like an 'old fashioned' mobile phone which relays the histroy for $5. My 10 year old son did this and none of us got a look (or ear) in!

The Batik Factory has lovely items and has gardens around, so the kids can run off a little bit of steam here as well as see some lolvely plants and a HUGE tree. On the way to this you pass the carib indian stone - our driver just pointed it out on the way :rolleyes, make sure you stop as I'm sure the kids would find this interesting too.

The rest of our tour was round the island, and apart from seeing the dramatic Black Rocks it wasn't really worht it and the kids got a bit bored.

can't answer about shopping as the day we were there they were shut apart fromt he ones around The Circus. They had great giant hand carved pencils which I bought as gifts to take home for my friends. the kids wanted them, but I won!! ;)

If you do take a taxi tour I'd make sure the driver knows what you want to do and how long for as we seemed to follow a well travelled route and he even tried to miss out the Fort.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been going to St. Kitts since I was a child. My father was born there.

Here are some excursions you might enjoy:

Blue Water Safaris Catamaran/Snorkel Adventure www.bluewatersafaris.com

Greg's Safaris www.gregssafaris.com

Turtle Tours Kayaking and Snorke Adventure

Email: pennyturtle@caribsurf.com

Take Mr. X's water taxi from Port Zante to his bar "The Shiggidy Shack" located at South Frigate Bay where you can lime with the locals. www.mrxshiggidyshack.com

Definitely visit Brimstone Hill Fortress. www.brimstonehillfortress.org

and Romney Manor/Batik Factory

Hire a taxi and drive down the southeast peninsula (stopping for photo ops) to Turtle Beach Bar & Grill. www.turtlebeach1.com

Breathtaking views of Nevis, fun beach bar, delicious food, snorkeling, gift shop, steel band on Sunday's, Wilbur the pig and Tarzana the resident monkey.

No Problem Boat Charters. www.fishstkittsandnevis.com

A website you might find helpful is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Have a great time in St. Kitts! It is a beautiful, unspoilt island, with lots of friendly and helpful locals.

Hi Liz-

You have provided great information. We are a party of four that are looking for a tour of the island and snorkeling. I have read so many threads in which taxi drivers are not too pleasant.

Do you have any information on tour guides in St. Kitts?

Thank you. :D

• 3 months later...

Planning St. Kitts trip in February. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent your own boat/ bow rider and can you island hop with it or is it too far to go to other islands? Also cost to go to Nevis for a day?

• 5 weeks later...

When we went to St. Kitt's in December 2000, we had a very nice taxi driver that actually suggested Friar's Beach to us when we stated we wanted to go to Turtle Beach. He actually showed us both first and we did decide to go to Friar's Beach as the water at Turtle Beach was quite choppy that day. There was very good snorkelling there (we went to the right along the rocks; just give yourself lots of time and energy to get back as swimming out is much easier than swimming back). Our taxi driver also stopped at some of the scenic locations along the way to allow us to take pictures etc. Unfortunately, I don't recall his name, but not all of them are bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rfrenchbaxter
There isn't a "St. Kitts" heading on this board so I thought I'd ask......

We will be visiting St. Kitts next February. Anyone done any good excursions here (either thru the ship or on your own)?? I can't seem to find that much info on anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I hunted high and low and finally found St. Kitts!!!

Archived