Thank you Carnival for going the 95/5 route!

MrMarc

5 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I would have been "that person" because being that person is not a bad thing.  We need more of "those people" when a situation like that comes up.  And we need to stop think of cautious people as "those people."

There are only so many tables and more people that tables that need to eat. You can be one of those people, but don't be surprised when they seat someone next to you. Ship resources are limited and shared by all.

Why they wouldn't spread people out is to keep servers from running all over the place, for one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keels81 said:

Nah, I'm going to say this is on you because you took your unvaccinated child on multiple cruises knowing that they're carriers and spreaders of Covid. Did you mention that y'all had been out of the country within the last 30 days and do the on-site tests?

it is 14 days by the way.  I follow every protocol and procedure PCR tested on 7/21, antigen test at Pier 7/24 for both children both negative.  My kids are masked up 100% outdoors. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

There are only so many tables and more people that tables that need to eat. You can be one of those people, but don't be surprised when they seat someone next to you. Ship resources are limited and shared by all.

Why they wouldn't spread people out is to keep servers from running all over the place, for one. 

I understand that, but are they sailing at 100% capacity?   If not, it would make more sense to space people out, at least to me.

7 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Carnival is hiding it 100%. they did not announce the three positive cases on my cruise

They are not required to and I can see where that would just result in needless panic. There is obvious risk in cruising during a pandemic, and Carnival goes out of their way to tell people that.

• Like 9

Just now, deweytrader said:

I'm just here to tell you my experience there is no reason to attack me.  I am just posting the facts and you make your own decision best for you. 

I agree.  We are doing so well.

9 minutes ago, keels81 said:

Nah, I'm going to say this is on you because you took your unvaccinated child on multiple cruises knowing that they're carriers and spreaders of Covid. Did you mention that y'all had been out of the country within the last 30 days and do the on-site tests?

Please don't.  I understand what you are saying, but I don't want another thread to go poof.

21 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

That may be, but Royal seems to be having more cases than Carnival at this point.  Not enough to cause an issue, but a few popping up here and there.  I think the 95/5 is why,  If you think about how unvaccinated people act about COVID vs. how vaccinated people act (yes, I am generalizing and this may not apply to you specifically) in port  and in general may also explain why RCCl seems to have more of the pop-up cases.  I am sure if they start showing up, Carnival will change it's protocols, hopefully with more notice than RCCL is giving.  

I think Royal tends to have more noro cases than Carnival, too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

at breakfast the morning that we tested positive we went to the dining room for brunch they decided to sit us at a table 2 inches apart from the table next to us. I almost said something because there were a million tables available but I didn't want to be that person. why on earth they wouldn't have used a table that was further away from other people I have no idea...

At the time did you know you were positive?

Just now, MrMarc said:

Please don't.  I understand what you are saying, but I don't want another thread to go poof.

The ONLY close contact I've had with Covid came this month -- from a vaccinated friend who traced the exposure back to a sick child at an outdoor 1yo's birthday party. Both her and her husband (vaccinated) tested positive and had slight symptoms.

I do feel badly for the person talking about their experience with Covid and testing positive, but they need to look to their own stateroom and activities and not act like this was a mass spread incident.

22 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

when we were called on the internet to come to proceed to medical we were on cherry on top candy store My soon to be told covid positive child was touching all the cherry on top candy machines to see what he wanted to fill his bag with, do you think they got rid of all that candy and sanitized every container?

TheseCherry on Top stores are nasty.  

I saw some lady stick her hand in each of the self serve candy bins and pull out a few pieces and put them in her little paper bag.  

After witnessing that, I had the employee pull a completely unopened box from the back and asked her to fill my bag.   

I told the employee about it and she just shrugged her shoulders. 

I really don’t understand why they don’t take the option away from people to contaminate the candy.  🤢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just checked the CDC website, and it looks like every ship that is actually sailing is either at orange or yellow.  Carnival Miracle is the only ship showing restricted cruises and a green status.  Ironic? I would say so. 

7 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Hell no.  Who do you think I am?  They tested the kids at noon.  if I was that person would I be in quarantine on my own dime right now?

Just trying to understand why you think Carnival should have seated you elsewhere. I do think Carnival should have, and probably did isolate you once they knew. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We mostly sail Royal and I have had this discussion with my husband.  I wish from the beginning Royal had gone the 95% route instead of what they are doing now.  And their constant flip flopping on information every single day is making me crazy!!

Hoping the Mardi Gras has a beautiful and uneventful sailing…

The ship that had the six cases (Adventure of the Seas) was going out of Nassau. It was a mostly vaccinated cruise (like Carnival) and also required a negative test for everyone before boarding, so cases are still going to happen even with all the protocols. The key is the help mitigate the spread onboard.  It is also important to remember that five out of the six positive results had no symptoms at all.  The other one had very mild symptoms.

• Like 2

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Just trying to understand why you think Carnival should have seated you elsewhere. I do think Carnival should have, and probably did isolate you once they knew. 

because there was a million empty tables and I was with two kids. do you want to be at the table next to two kids?

• Thanks 1

Yes once my son and I tested positive of course we were isolated We were in the medical award for hours and hours and then finally transferred to covid quarantine state room 2250.  which to boot which I mentioned in some other post somewhere they charged me for the quarantine room service delivery charge

3 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

The ship that had the six cases (Adventure of the Seas) was going out of Nassau. It was a mostly vaccinated cruise (like Carnival) and also required a negative test for everyone before boarding, so cases are still going to happen even with all the protocols. The key is the help mitigate the spread onboard.  It is also important to remember that five out of the six positive results had no symptoms at all.  The other one had very mild symptoms.

Mitigating is key but preventing is best. Where did the people get infected! Was it on the ship, in a port, on a shore excursion? Preventing is proactive, mitigating is reactive. Better to prevent in the first place 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Yes once my son and I tested positive of course we were isolated We were in the medical award for hours and hours and then finally transferred to covid quarantine state room 2250.  which to boot which I mentioned in some other post somewhere they charged me for the quarantine room service delivery charge

I don't think charging for room service was reasonable. I might contact Carnival guest admin about reimbursing for that. They could use a process improvement.

6 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Unacceptable.

• Like 2

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I don't think charging for room service was reasonable. I might contact Carnival guest admin about reimbursing for that. They could use a process improvement.

not worth  the nine bucks, still crossing my fingers for my full refund for my 8/21 Vista!