ADDITIONAL TESTING TO BOARD THE EDGE...

3red7s

Trying to get a grip on what is happening on embarkation day on the Edge.  We sale on 8/14.  Does all the last minute testing also refer to fully vaccinated adults. and if so, why?  thank you everyone....holding my breath for the scenario to be resolved. 

13 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

Trying to get a grip on what is happening on embarkation day on the Edge.  We sale on 8/14.  Does all the last minute testing also refer to fully vaccinated adults. and if so, why?  thank you everyone....holding my breath for the scenario to be resolved. 

Pre-cruise testing is required even for the fully vaccinated for sailings through Sept. 6.

I don’t know that a reason was given, but it is reasonable to think that the recent increase in infections influenced the decision. 

I get your confusion… but why don’t you read the 1000 answers already given in 5 different threads about the same topic before starting yet another one?

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Babr said:

Pre-cruise testing is required even for the fully vaccinated for sailings through Sept. 6.

I don’t know that a reason was given, but it is reasonable to think that the recent increase in infections influenced the decision. 

My guess is that many of the passengers testing positive have been vaccinated (on other ships as well).  Vaccinated people can still get sick, just not nearly as sick.  

We sail at the end of September but may cancel.  Many of the ports have restrictions and I am sure as Delta Spurs an increase in cases, restrictions will also increase, most through the ports.  As it currently stands, we won’t be able to go to shore unless with an X excursion in Barbados, St Lucia and St Kitts (I think).  I know that Aruba has also instituted stronger regulations but I don’t know how that will effect cruise travelers. 

🤞🏻 And I am grateful for the 48-hour cancellation policy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miaminice said:

I get your confusion… but why don’t you read the 1000 answers already given in 5 different threads about the same topic before starting yet another one?

Thank you for pointing that out....have a wonderful day