Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

58 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Was there a line for appointments or was there one line for everyone? 

I did not see where you would go if you chose to get tested. The last email I saw said that for today, testing was optional for vaccinated passengers. They may well have cancelled after we left for the port, we are only checking phones occasionally. The internet is slow and not many people are even onboard.

I can’t imagine any vaccinated person would opt to get tested. 
im using a mask in elevators with other people and now that the lounge is filling up,  I have to decide when to mask up.

1 minute ago, cangelmd said:

I did not see where you would go if you chose to get tested. The last email I saw said that for today, testing was optional for vaccinated passengers. They may well have cancelled after we left for the port, we are only checking phones occasionally. The internet is slow and not many people are even onboard.

I can’t imagine any vaccinated person would opt to get tested. 
im using a mask in elevators with other people and now that the lounge is filling up,  I have to decide when to mask up.

I was talking about a line for appointments to board the ship.  I know there is a line for suites.  I was asking how many other lines were there.   I was asking if X made any changes since the last time.

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was talking about a line for appointments to board the ship.  I know there is a line for suites.  I was asking how many other lines were there.   I was asking if X made any changes since the last time.

I was asked by shore personnel when I arrived what time was my check in and directed to a very short line and was within the terminal in a couple minutes.  Once inside on the first floor, they did the health check in and took pictures of our vaccination cards.  We were then directed up the escalator to the second floor through bag check, where they checked our passports again, gave us our tracelets, express pass scanned and then were sent to the gangway, where our express passes were scanned one last time.  The process was quick and painless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No real line for anyone when we arrived, our experience similar to brown eyed girl, jut a little earlier. I did notice they held people up outside for a few minutes to let the persons in the terminal get through the first checks. Lots of shoreside staff.

Looked like things would move smoothly as long people arrive at their scheduled times.

One thing they will have to add to procedures is checking your test results. Vaccination cards were scanned or photographed before you enter the terminal building - that seems like the point to check your test, but they will have to work that out. Maybe they are frantically working to get an arrangement like NCL has with a nationwide provider. They have made great strides with the app and making paper steps online, so to get away from checking paper test results may or may not happen. Sept 6 is not that long to make adjustments.

AlBacio about half full! That’s unusual.

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just came back to stateroom. We tried to see if we could look down into the port to see if anyone was waiting to board, but you can’t really see. We walked past the entrance on Deck 5 at Al Bacio and asked the crew greeting people - sailing roughly half full and pretty much everyone had boarded, this was about 3:45.

Did miss the welcome aboard kir royale - only drink them onboard.

They are NOT doing Chefs Table right now, we should get a refund.

We have been all over the ship and I haven’t heard any “Oh, that was awful!” talk or complaints directed to the crew or staff about the boarding process.  I was listening in particular for that.  Most of what I heard was “Thank God we are cruising again!”  A lot of reacquainting with crew and staff from prior cruises.  I would say that the mood is overall a positive one.  It is a little weird having this number of passengers on board.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Just came back to stateroom. We tried to see if we could look down into the port to see if anyone was waiting to board, but you can’t really see. We walked past the entrance on Deck 5 at Al Bacio and asked the crew greeting people - sailing roughly half full and pretty much everyone had boarded, this was about 3:45.

Sorry about the Chef's Table not happening on your cruise. Will be interesting to see if they will offer it on our Aug 7 Edge cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

22 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Did they give you a reason for canceling CT?

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Did they give you a reason for canceling CT?

23 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sorry about the Chef's Table not happening on your cruise. Will be interesting to see if they will offer it on our Aug 7 Edge cruise.

Cancelling because of Covid was the reason given, not sure if real reason is not wanting 6-8 strangers in the Murano wine room, or don’t want to leave out galley tour or they are still getting everyone and everything organized and trained. Our butler did say that they were moving cabin stewards around and he didn’t know exactly who we would have until a little later in the afternoon. I’ve noticed a couple other extremely minor snafus, but kinda put it off to rusty , and all were addressed rapidly with a smile.

Ken, I might not book ahead, because I think we may have some issues getting credited, and I think it’s non-refundable OBC, so we have to spend before we leave.

Just so happy to be onboard!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Cancelling because of Covid was the reason given, not sure if real reason is not wanting 6-8 strangers in the Murano wine room, or don’t want to leave out galley tour or they are still getting everyone and everything organized and trained. Our butler did say that they were moving cabin stewards around and he didn’t know exactly who we would have until a little later in the afternoon. I’ve noticed a couple other extremely minor snafus, but kinda put it off to rusty , and all were addressed rapidly with a smile.

Ken, I might not book ahead, because I think we may have some issues getting credited, and I think it’s non-refundable OBC, so we have to spend before we leave.

Bon Voyage to you cangelmd and all the rest. Have a great cruise!

11 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first post COVID cruise for the Equinox? I'm sure there will be a few adjustments, but hopefully they will be minor and you'll have a great cruise!!

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cangelmd said:

This is in the suite queue, looking back toward queue entrance. The non-suite entrance is right next to this, about where that column on the left is. You can see the person standing ready to help direct, and there were others at the other queue entrance. No signs but very easy

9F32021D-65D9-4A40-9B7D-AD869D0A5325.jpeg

So do you think X learned something after yesterday?

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first post COVID cruise for the Equinox? I'm sure there will be a few adjustments, but hopefully they will be minor and you'll have a great cruise!!

I'm just curious.  Why do you call this post COVID?  Is that the term that X uses?  It would seem that we are still dealing with it.  Delta variant, re-masking, etc.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're on 8/27 and haven't heard squat.

FYI this was posted this morning, Aug 1, in the Celebrity FAQ section:

Am I required to take a COVID-19 Test prior to embarking on my Cruise?

Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.  For US sailings departing between August 6 and September 6, 2021 aboard Celebrity Millennium sailing from Seattle, as well as, Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox sailing from Fort Lauderdale, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be emailed separately.  Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.  

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.  For US sailings departing between August 6 and September 6, 2021 aboard Celebrity Millennium sailing from Seattle, as well as, Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox sailing from Fort Lauderdale, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be emailed separately.  Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.  

Actually, I saw that early yesterday.  I'm just wondering about not getting any email notification.  We know what we'll have to do and why - but X communication seems to be lacking.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm just curious.  Why do you call this post COVID?  Is that the term that X uses?  It would seem that we are still dealing with it.  Delta variant, re-masking, etc.

Sorry. COVID is definitely still going strong. We were on the last Equinox cruise before it stopped sailing because of COVID. So I guess this Equinox cruise might be considered as the first cruise after being shutdown because of the COVID pandemic.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I read this correctly... vaccinated, you need proof and are on your own.  Non-vaccinated, you do it before boarding the ship?

12 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I just heard on the marine radio that Equinox had to disembark someone and you should be underway shortly. Don't know the particulars.

Still sitting there.  Nothing to do with the current X problems but Edge and Equinox are both using pier 25.  Yesterday Edge was facing bow in and backed out into the channel.  Today, Equinox is facing bow out and looks like is can pull straight away.  Just curious why if anyone knows.