First time side2side cruise with questions

We are doing a side-to-side (I think that's the proper term for consecutive cruises but different ships) for the first time in May.  First leg is 8-night southern Caribbean ABC islands on Mariner, and second leg is 7-night Caribbean on Harmony.  I'm trying to figure out the logistics of transferring items purchased on the first leg to the second leg since some items, mainly alcohol, would not be allowed in your room on the second sailing.  Does Royal have a policy for this or are we just out of luck on the first leg in purchasing alcohol to take home?  

And if there's anything else I should know about a side-to-side cruise, I'm listening.  

Edited by kathimac123

• kathimac123 changed the title to First time side2side cruise with questions
14 minutes ago, kathimac123 said:

Does Royal have a policy for this or are we just out of luck on the first leg in purchasing alcohol to take home?  

All prohibited items (assuming they detect it), like the booze, will be stored on the second sailing (and get it back at the end). All the rest of the stuff will be up to you carry.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Your custom allowance is the same it's not on how many cruises you do .unless you clear customs and put into your car or have a friend pick it up from the first cruise I cannot see your point .

When my son and I did a quasi side2side out of FLL we had a day between the two cruises.  We booked a hotel and did our laundry between ships.  Anything we bought on the first half that would be an issue, we left in our car.  Your question is a good one, especially if you don't have a vehicle to store things in between.  Biker's reply seems to have it covered.  Another option would be to buy the booze on 2nd ship.  If you buy on ship, prices seem to me to be the same.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Another option would be to buy the booze on 2nd ship. 

I think the OP might be buying something on one of the islands on the first sailing, like Curacao from Curaçao, which won’t be available on the second sailing. 

• Like 1